Halifax results are here!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
crazimum

Halifax results are here!

Post by crazimum »

Hi all so glad the wait is over and the postman has arrived early for once! Ds came an amazing 30th with a score of 220.175! So so proud!
Good luck for those waiting for the post!
mitasol

Re: Halifax results are here!

Post by mitasol »

Congratulations! Good luck to everyone waiting - your DC have all done amazing regardless of the results today.
Hebden

Post by Hebden »

Well done crazimum's child! - an almost identical result at our end! Rank 33 and score 218.9999. We are thrilled that DD is off to join DS at CH x
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Congratulations all!! Wow it's been a while for me but advice please. My nephew ranked321, how does it work, he would like NHGS. What are the chances please? :roll:
crazimum

Post by crazimum »

Fantastic news Hebden what a relief to know both children will be at the same school, I'm dreading going through this again with ds2 in 3 years time!
Gogi from what I've read on the forum your nephew stands a really good chance of getting nhgs as crossley usually seems more popular but I guess it just depends on everyone's choices this year.
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Many thanks! So to confirm he will get a place at one if the two schools ranked at 321? And to raise that chestnut of how to rank to choices? Does order of preference matter? Some schools still say that, unless they are choice one there is no guarantee? Parents can't put both schools at choice one but are they at risk of losing their choice two to all the parents who had that school as a choice 1 ??? I know I'm over implicating this.... It's been a while. Sore head! Thanks
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Congratulations Hebden and Gogi.
Gogi wrote:he would like NHGS. What are the chances please?
Given all the past years results I'm sure you can feel confident for NHGS.
Some schools still say that, unless they are choice one there is no guarantee?
This is an EQUAL PREFERENCE system. Every school that you apply to will list you in order of the over subscription criteria. In some cases that will be score order and in others it will be catchment or distance. So when the LEA come to offer you a place - they will give you the highest school on your list for which you are qualified. So you must list the school in your true order of preference.

That is all you have to do - list them in your true order of preference.
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Thank you ! Cross fingers
xyz123

Post by xyz123 »

Congratulations to all the parents whose children achieved the desired results. My son came 414th with an overall score of 167.9218 in the Halifax test.

My son is gutted and I am very disappointed because he was happy with his performance in the test, did really well in the mock test and assessment papers.

I have told him to move on and forget about grammar schools in Halifax but a couple of my friends and his tutor have said to me that there is a realistic chance of him getting a place at NHGS because last year they offered a place to 411th and the year before 420th position.

I don't want to give my son any false hope, would like everyone's thoughts on it?

Thanks
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Hi Xyz,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the results you hoped for. Hebden posted these allocation day cut off scores.

2015 CH to 332 NHGS to 390
2014 CH to 290 NHGS to 368
2013 CH to 260 NHGS to 336

These would have dropped from the waiting list but I'm not sure of the final cut off. You could ring the school for more information.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now