Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Casey0507

Pupil Premium scores - what to do next?

Post by Casey0507 »

Hi all.

Congratulations to your children!

I am a pupil premium parent and am interested in gauging where we may stand in terms of our result, location etc. My DD scored over the 200 but is borderline. She and I are very, very proud :D The only school she wants to go to is FW and she has the QS for that but we are trying to work out whether she still stands a chance?

Thanks,

C x
hermanmunster

Re: Pupil Premium scores - what to do next?

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Casey

I am afraid all we have at this stage is the information that has been gathered over the last year from people who were offered places http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=44272" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It shows that the lowest PP place was 206 on 1/3/15 - this may hav dropped a little if people turned down places but we don't have that info. Of course it may change this year - we can only see in March
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

No one will know for definite until next March unfortunately.
The best thing to do is put it first but have a back up plan.
You have nothing to lose but will have a long wait.
I sympathise as had borderline score with DD2 last year.
Casey0507

Post by Casey0507 »

Yes, according to those scores she could well be ok. I'm wondering about offers that are possibly made later from waiting lists - if anyone has any info that would be great :D

Does the fact that we live closer to the school give us a better chance too?
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

Yes, proximity will come into play if you are on the same score as other children.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Casey0507 wrote:Yes, according to those scores she could well be ok. I'm wondering about offers that are possibly made later from waiting lists - if anyone has any info that would be great :D

Does the fact that we live closer to the school give us a better chance too?
Offers can be made from the waiting list, they are based on ranked score and distance if only used if there is more than one child on the same score.

I understand that if a child with a PP place declines it then they are replaced by another child from the PP list - I'm not sure how far down the score went last year.
tiredmama

Post by tiredmama »

Hi Casey,
We are in a similar position. Dd scored 211 and is eligible for pp. We are only interested in camp hill girls but hers is a very borderline score for that school. She stands more of chance of getting into five ways or handsworth or a warwickshire school but we are not prepared to commute.

My worry is quite a few posters on here said pp cut off is likely to go up this year as it is the second year since it has been introduced more people know about it, some obtain pp evidence fraudulently apparently.

So we are 'in the unknown' till march i am afraid.

Well done to your dd and i hope you get the school you want. x
"To show me is far better than to lecture everyday.
To lead me is far greater than to just point out the way.
So if you tell me everything then I shall understand,
But rapid streams of words cannot compete with deed of hand[...]"
Casey0507

Post by Casey0507 »

I'd say that would give her a comfortable entry into a GS. Remember that the scores that we are looking at at the offers that were made in March there could well have been much lower marks come July or even September.

I don't think the pp marks will go up. This year was a low birth rate year - so numbers will be lower. Also, the pp children tend to all score similar amounts that won't change irrespective of whether there are more of them or the same X
tiredmama

Post by tiredmama »

Casey0507 wrote:I'd say that would give her a comfortable entry into a GS. Remember that the scores that we are looking at at the offers that were made in March there could well have been much lower marks come July or even September.

I don't think the pp marks will go up. This year was a low birth rate year - so numbers will be lower. Also, the pp children tend to all score similar amounts that won't change irrespective of whether there are more of them or the same X
Do you think the fact that it is low birth year makes a difference? I was under impression that the number of children taking the test has actually gone up year after year?

May be someone knowledgeable could shed some light on numbers?
"To show me is far better than to lecture everyday.
To lead me is far greater than to just point out the way.
So if you tell me everything then I shall understand,
But rapid streams of words cannot compete with deed of hand[...]"
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now