Parents of boys 2015 entry....BS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ripcurlrana

Parents of boys 2015 entry....BS

Post by Ripcurlrana »

Can any parents of current year 7 BS boys advise me if all eligible boys in catchment got into BS this year please?

Thank you.
thescribe

Re: Parents of boys 2015 entry....BS

Post by thescribe »

The worry isnt over is it! :? :? :shock:
Ripcurlrana

Post by Ripcurlrana »

thescribe wrote:The worry isnt over is it! :? :? :shock:

No! I really wish it would be. Your DS scored really well! I'm sure I read somewhere on these forums that all boys who passed got in these last 2 years. Need some reassurance. :?
BournemouthDad

Post by BournemouthDad »

Not only did every boy who passed and wanted to go to the school this year got in, but several boys who DIDNT PASS were able to appeal and fill in the places left by those who decided not to go.

I'm very sure you have nothing to worry about when this year has boys who didnt pass at the school.
Ripcurlrana

Post by Ripcurlrana »

BournemouthDad wrote:Not only did every boy who passed and wanted to go to the school this year got in, but several boys who DIDNT PASS were able to appeal and fill in the places left by those who decided not to go.

I'm very sure you have nothing to worry about when this year has boys who didnt pass at the school.
Really?? It would be much better for them to give an 'offer' letter if your child passed, rather than scare us into thinking we still may not get in. :cry:
BournemouthDad

Post by BournemouthDad »

The problem is (although the system has changed this year?) is that they never knew who would accept or not. If everyone accepted there wouldn't be room for them all. Several children who passed last year went to Poole and the Bishop of Winchester so their spaces went to those further down the list until the list was empty.
Ripcurlrana

Post by Ripcurlrana »

BournemouthDad wrote:The problem is (although the system has changed this year?) is that they never knew who would accept or not. If everyone accepted there wouldn't be room for them all. Several children who passed last year went to Poole and the Bishop of Winchester so their spaces went to those further down the list until the list was empty.
Thanks BournemouthDad. I'm not sure either how it works as the mark was for both Bournemouth and Poole. May need to call the school tomorrow to get more info.
CLW

Post by CLW »

My friend's son was one mark below the required standard but lives in Poole not Bournemouth - is there any past history of successful appeals in cases like this for BS?
BournemouthDad

Post by BournemouthDad »

CLW wrote:My friend's son was one mark below the required standard but lives in Poole not Bournemouth - is there any past history of successful appeals in cases like this for BS?
Unless this is an unusual year, I would say he should have a very good chance. But I would question whether they might want think long and hard about which school option would be best for him.
CLW

Post by CLW »

They already have a son at BS so they know the school and feel it is also right for their youngest

Can you give any advice on the best way to appeal or what has been successful in the last ?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now