School Application

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vns_78

School Application

Post by vns_78 »

Hi All,
I am new to this forum and also very very new to the secondary school admission process. Therefore please excuse my ignorance.
To start with my dd got 243 (268 with adjustment), I believe that when we submit the application to school we have to submit the actual score 243, however dh thinks otherwise.. He says we have to put both? Is it so? Any guidance on that will be really appreciated.
Another very silly question! Say for example we don't get the first choice of school on the allocation day, should we accept the place given by the council? If we accept will be still in the waiting list for the first choice of school?
Also, how is the general trend of marks this year.. have most of the kids scored much lower than expected?? Could not see much on the 'result' thread..

Grrh.. All these questions are doing my heading!! Hope to get some sort of answer from you lovely bunch out here. BTW. Daogroupie is doing a wonderful job here.. You are like an encyclopaedia!! :D
ToadMum

Re: School Application

Post by ToadMum »

Surely the school has the data it needs from the consortium and doesn't just take the parents' word for it? Unless your letter stated both the actual and the '+25' scores, though, I would enter the 'not +25' score.

I'm not in your area, but I (possibly mistakenly) read the 'add 25' statement as just meaning, 'to compare this year's scores with previous years'. If it is a case of adding a blanket 25 to all scores (and someone has already commented that statistically this is probably not accurate), couldn't the consortium office have done this 'behind the scenes' and just given you a score which looks 'familiar'?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
minalpat78

Post by minalpat78 »

The CAF form does not ask for scores.

I think only the Parmiters SIF asks for the score

It would be the score received not the added 25 score I would think
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

You put your actual score... The plus 25 is just a guideline to compare to previous years.. Hope that helps
vns_78

Post by vns_78 »

Thankyou so much! I know that was same argument with my husband that the plus 25 was just a guidance for parents to compare against the previous years score in order to compare.. Well that's sorted then.. I think SCD sif also asks for the score if I am not wrong!
vns_78

Post by vns_78 »

Sorry no scores asked in sif for SCD!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now