Choice of Girls indie schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mittleme

Choice of Girls indie schools

Post by Mittleme »

I am a little bit disheartened by the signs am getting when i tell people my DD is applying to Old Palace of John Whitgift school.
must admit everyone says dont send DD to the school. they haven't gone into much details but ......

i have been on tour to this school and DD and myself totally love it.

the only thing we didn't like is the location and am a bit concerned how DD will be coming home especially in the evenings even as an adult i would not particularly want to be in that area .

i have my DD's current primary school senior in this school now and she is a child we look up to every time we see her .she is very well behaved and she is loving the school and from a good home

any one has their DD' s going to this school and are very happy ?

Please ur advice

thanks
Last edited by Mittleme on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enders

Re: Choice of Girls indie schools

Post by Enders »

Yes Mittleme, my dd is now in year 8 having joined the school in year 7. She is extremely happy and has made good friends very quickly despite joining without knowing any of the girls. She takes part in a number of lunch time and after school clubs as there are a great deal to choose from.
I agree, it is situated in a not so appealing part of Croydon and I remember having the same concerns that you have mention when considering this school for my daughter. But it is not something we think about now.It just becomes part of the norm. My daughter takes a bus home most days as we are not on the tram route. The tram stop tends to get very crowded with school children.
I must admit though, I collect my daughter from school if she takes part in an after school activity especially during the winter months when it's dark as they tend to finish at 5pm....for my own piece of mind.
If both you and your daughter enjoyed the visit to Old Palace then I think it is worthwhile considering this school. We do not regret our decision. :D
Mittleme

Post by Mittleme »

Thank you so much Enders.

Good to hear from the actual parents. :D
Ahmedfamily

Post by Ahmedfamily »

Hi Mittleme,
My daughter joined Old Palace this year, she has settled in perfectly and is very happy at the school. I would agree with everything that Enders has said.

Best of luck in your decision :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now