Listings confusion?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rou

Listings confusion?

Post by Rou »

Hiya All,

Ive received my ds results and am looking to place the schools in order but am confused about how the listing order will affect my choices?

If i for example put

1.WG

2.BM

if my ds doesn't get in for WG will BM automatically be placed in first choice?

and if this is the case will it put the application for BM be in any way at a disadvantage? as it was a 2nd choice and not first?

against for example someone who placed it as a first choice??

Sorry im hoping im making sense here..
hermanmunster

Re: Listings confusion?

Post by hermanmunster »

Rou wrote:Hiya All,

Ive received my ds results and am looking to place the schools in order but am confused about how the listing order will affect my choices?

If i for example put

1.WG

2.BM

if my ds doesn't get in for WG will BM automatically be placed in first choice? YES

and if this is the case will it put the application for BM be in any way at a disadvantage? as it was a 2nd choice and not first? NO it will not disadvantage you

against for example someone who placed it as a first choice??

Sorry im hoping im making sense here..
Don't worry it is always an puzzle when first filling in a CAF - remember always put the schools in the order you really want
mof3

Post by mof3 »

To reiterate that, please put the schools in the order that you want them. You are not penalised for putting a school 2nd, 3rd, etc. If you don't qualify for your first choice school, but you do for your second choice, then you will get it. You will not get bumped off for someone with a lower score just because they put it first.
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

There is also some forum confusion, this post should be in this section I believe.

We've been getting a lot of SW Herts postings on this section lately. I guess people see Hertfordshire and don't read the bracketed part.
fiate2000

Post by fiate2000 »

Another important point:

If you get an offer for 2nd choice, you will be able to accept it and stay on the waiting list for the first choice school. Similarly if you get an offer for 3rd choice, you will be able to be on waiting lists for both choices 1, and 2.

So the best action is to accept the offer you get and then express interest to be included in waiting list(s) for higher preference school(s). If you reject an offer, then DC might end up without a place in September.
Rou

Post by Rou »

Thanks all for your replies,
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now