any one know??
nervousmom

Re: which grammar has the most pupil premium

Post by nervousmom »

last year FW had 36 places
tiredmama

Post by tiredmama »

do you mean places available or places filled last year? i think FW has the most available but i don't know if they have all been filled or no?
"To show me is far better than to lecture everyday.
To lead me is far greater than to just point out the way.
So if you tell me everything then I shall understand,
But rapid streams of words cannot compete with deed of hand[...]"
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

So here are the stats for the last 6 years FSM. For whatever reason poorer families are choosing Handsworth Girls and Queen Marys. I am surprised to see Five ways at the bottom of the list. Perhaps this is the one most likely to see displacement if PP families choose to send their sons or daughters their. In other words, I would watch KEFW this year for movement on cut offs. Would be useful if any one gets these stats better could evaluate them for me??

KEHG 13.9%
QMHS 13.9%
Camp Hill Girls 9.1%
WGHS 5.9%
KEFW 5.6%

I am looking for those schools most likely to have an increase in cut off due to greater take up in PP.
worldcup14

Post by worldcup14 »

I think five ways filled all 36 places but not 100% sure. Can't see any particular reason for them not to.
Zulky

Post by Zulky »

worldcup14 wrote:I think five ways filled all 36 places but not 100% sure. Can't see any particular reason for them not to.
Camphill boys 24 places taken
Aston 30 places taken
Fw 36
Camphill girls 24
KE Handworth 24
Zulky

Post by Zulky »

Zulky wrote:
worldcup14 wrote:I think five ways filled all 36 places but not 100% sure. Can't see any particular reason for them not to.
Aston 30 places taken
Fw 36
Camphill girls 24
KE Handworth 24

KE Five ways PP score will jump up to aleast 216 this year. (My prediction)
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I believe they did fill them all and there was a PP waiting list.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

okay

So no one can change there PP status as per below. There are 32 PP places at KE. So displacement could be a another 8 places this. I am certain they will fill this this year.

"Parents/carers of children attracting Pupil Premium must have ticked the Pupil Premium box when registering their child for the test. Any alterations to this box cannot be made after the end of September 2015"

Given the waiting list was 215 and the final normal cut off was 219, can anyone suggest what that would have been the impact had these additional 8 places been taken up last year by PP pupils??? I would suggest we are looking at cut offs rising where ever PP places where not fully filled last year.

I will ring and check this 24 number, because it seems inconsistent with the high % getting FSM
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Zulky wrote:
Zulky wrote:
Aston 30 places taken
Fw 36
Camphill girls 24
KE Handworth 24

KE Five ways PP score will jump up to aleast 216 this year. (My prediction)
Any rationale for that observation?

No one knows what the demand side of the equation will be when parents have until the 31st October to complete there school preferences.

The PP places weren't full taken up last year in KE Handsworth and Camp Hill girls.In the spectrum of factors if the full complement are taken it may have a slight impact bearing in mind around scores of 220 to 230 there will be many more girls on the same mark as compared to higher marks.Marks may be slightly up. Too many variables to make accurate predictions.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now