After school clubs & travel back home - Parmiters WGBS St CD

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jal

After school clubs & travel back home - Parmiters WGBS St CD

Post by Jal »

Dear parents of children already in senior school ,

If my DS wanted to participate in any of the after school clubs, how does he make his way back home? Will the normal school bus serve after clubs finish aswell ? Or does he need to take a public bus ? How safe is it for a 11 year old and where could I get bus timings and frequency please. How are parents coping with this in winter months when it gets darker?

Grateful for your responses mums and dads.
3b1g

Re: After school clubs & travel back home - Parmiters WGBS S

Post by 3b1g »

WBGS doesn't have school buses. Most of the clubs are run before school (during registration) or at lunchtime. If there is a club after school, then the boys make their way home by their usual method, just a bit later. My daughter has been doing this after a club at WGGS and it's fine.
tense

Post by tense »

At Parmiter's, the school buses leave at the end of the school day, so you will have to make different arrangements for when your DS attends after school activities (there are lunch time clubs too though). At one point I was collecting my two 4 out of 5 times a week :shock: although you will probably manage to lift share with others. I think it is slightly easier for boys - my DD had most matches on weekdays, whereas my DS usually plays at the weekend.
2g2c

Post by 2g2c »

My DD's use the bus daily and do after school clubs at Parmiter's twice a week and I have to collect them from the school, the walk home would take about 45 mins and there isn't a good local bus service our way. The clubs generally finish between 4.30 and 5.00 so there is a bit of traffic about, but at least outside the school is fairly quiet and you can park in the Sports Centre carpark.
There is a page on the website specifying all the extra curricular activities and the times they are on.

http://www.parmiters.herts.sch.uk/schoo ... ctivities/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are also some before school and of course the bus wouldn't be able to get them there for those either. :lol:
Jal

Post by Jal »

Thank you very much for your replies. I now understand how I will need to work out the travel needs if DS gets in and then decides to do sports / clubs.