Two different grammars

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nan

Two different grammars

Post by nan »

If one sibiling going to a grammar , can another get another prefered grammar school other than with the brother? ( we are out of catchment ). What are the chances?Somebody enlight me please. Thank you.
MrsChubbs

Re: Two different grammars

Post by MrsChubbs »

If I have understood your question correctly, you are asking if another child in the same family can go to a different grammar and the answer is "yes" if they have achieved the qualifying score and the school has enough spaces to go far enough out of catchment in distance to where you live. If you are asking whether they get a grammar place because they have a brother at grammar school then the answer, I believe, is no. The chances, as you ask, depend on whether they qualify and which school you apply to. As many posters have said, no-one knows yet how far out the grammar schools will go allocating on distance. Hope this clarifies things.
nan

Re: Two different grammars

Post by nan »

Sorry i confused all. Yes , the other one also passed and wants to go to another grammar. If he couldn't then he will go with sibiling. Thats the plan. Thank you for the reply. It's a great relief ( until we get schools I mean )
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now