CAF cross sibling

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mgnmum

CAF cross sibling

Post by Mgnmum »

Can i just check that i put NO on the caf form to having a sibling when applying for the cross sibling rule at the grammar schools.
watford

Re: CAF cross sibling

Post by watford »

Mgnmum wrote:Can i just check that i put NO on the caf form to having a sibling when applying for the cross sibling rule at the grammar schools.
I have marked sibling on the CAF as i thought this would be equivalent to cross sibling??????????
Hera

Post by Hera »

I checked with the school last year and they told me to mark no, but I don't think it will make any difference as the cross sibling allocation and collection of evidence is dealt with directly by the school. I had to take in the longer versions of birth certificates for both children. I think I got a call or letter asking me to do that within a few days of handing the SIF in. That was the procedure for girls school but I assume it would be the same for both.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

Response from county hall: Thank you for your email.
I would submit ‘yes’ to the sibling question. The Watford Grammar schools currently have a cross-sibling rule and will check this when alerted to it by the tick in the sibling box.

Kind regards
Carol Thomas
Admissions & Transport Team
County Hall

Time to change my submission
1Watford

Post by 1Watford »

We had this response from county last year and marked yes on the CAF. Like Hera says, it probably doesn't make a difference, the SIF is where the schools gather their information from. The boys school contacted me soon after half term to take full birth certificates in.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now