Travel choices - Chelmsford to Colchester or Westcliff

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
veryhopefulmum

Travel choices - Chelmsford to Colchester or Westcliff

Post by veryhopefulmum »

Hi,

We're from Chelmsford and DS is hoping for KEGS I/C but is happy to travel out to Colchester or Westcliff if he doesn't get in. My question is, other than the 676 to Colchester & 513 to Westcliff, are there any alternatives for children travelling to these schools from Chelmsford? It will help us decide what order to put the schools on the form. Thank you.
ToadMum

Re: Travel choices - Chelmsford to Colchester or Westcliff

Post by ToadMum »

veryhopefulmum wrote:Hi,

We're from Chelmsford and DS is hoping for KEGS I/C but is happy to travel out to Colchester or Westcliff if he doesn't get in. My question is, other than the 676 to Colchester & 513 to Westcliff, are there any alternatives for children travelling to these schools from Chelmsford? It will help us decide what order to put the schools on the form. Thank you.
In terms of public transport, if your are near the station in Chelmsford, it is more straightforward to get to SHSB (Chelmsford - Shenfield - PrIttlewell), but that is not much help if he doesn't want to go to the school, I suppose!

The First Bus X30 stops at Kent Elms junction, which is walkable to WHSB, albeit a bit of a traipse. I'm not sure of the timing from your end, I'm afraid.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ahap

Post by ahap »

To Westcliff and Southend you can try SBC coaches or the Consortium buses. Which one is 513? Is that First bus or Stephensons.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

SBC coaches go from Chelmsford to WHSB and SHSB. There are two Chelmsford routes. My DS used to get the 7.36am from the Blue Lion Great Baddow and got back most evenings at 4.10-4.20pm.

http://www.sbcleisure.com/?page_id=52&ppid=47" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

The train from Chelmsford to colchester gets you pretty close to the crgs if he gets off the train at the town station. If he gets off at North then it's a short hop on the 65 bus to the county hospital
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

ahap wrote:To Westcliff and Southend you can try SBC coaches or the Consortium buses. Which one is 513? Is that First bus or Stephensons.
It's Firstbus.x
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

There are 2 companies that do a school bus from Chelmsford to Colchester. The 520 and 525 which are run by First Bus I believe and there's a second option possibly with Stephensons. The main public bus route from Chelmsford to Colchester stops right near the school too and is very regular (every 20 or 30 mins).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now