Bushey Mead or Park High

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lyon

Bushey Mead or Park High

Post by Lyon »

Please help.....My dd has 225 marks (without +25) and can only be considered for BM as we are not in catchment area of most other SWH schools. We are in HA3 and nearest is Park High. Can anyone guide me between BM and Park?
Hera

Re: Bushey Mead or Park High

Post by Hera »

You could also look at St Clement Danes which has no catchment area and the Watford Grammars cover some limited HA3 postcodes I think.
Lyon

Post by Lyon »

Thanks Hera

I feel St. Clement might be to far for dd to travel everyday. Not in the catchment for WGGS, hence need to decide between BM and Park High if dd gets BM. Have heard very good things about BM but Park grades look good too. So it a dilemma which to put first.
HenryVIII

Post by HenryVIII »

I am not sure there will be many families with this dilemma. How easy will it be to commute to either school? Where does your DD want to go? And did you look around BM? A recent Ofsted visit (a few weeks ago) at BM gave the school a 'Good' rating. More info forwarded from the principal today is here:
http://www.busheymeads.org.uk/wp-conten ... r-2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As you have 6 choices (?) if you live in HA3 6** then you could consider WGGS.
Lyon

Post by Lyon »

Thanks Henry.......DD is undecided, she had a look at both schools. thanks for the Link, it will help. We are not in HA3 6.. hence cannot apply to others.