Yellow Bus to Sutton Coldfield Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Footballdad

Yellow Bus to Sutton Coldfield Grammar

Post by Footballdad »

Parents

Can someone point me to a link to the route the Yellowbus takes please or even message me the PDF file of the service. I have tried to locate online on there website but without any luck so far. Also anyone use this service?

Currently looking at logistics for DD.
Javed Akhtar

Re: Yellow Bus to Sutton Coldfield Grammar

Post by Javed Akhtar »

Dear Parents,

I understand the web address link in the email reads correctly but is hyperlinking to another route. The web address is correct, please click on this following URL for the SOUTH S1 Route.

http://yellowbus.org.uk/scgss1.php
The above link is hyperlinking correctly.

Regards,

Mohammed Rashid

SOUTH: S1
http://yellowbus.org.uk/scgss1.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Javed

Thank you very much just what i was looking for.

Regards

Footballdad
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Below is another active route. Luckly for my DD it goes near where we live.

http://www.yellowbus.org.uk/newse1.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
grammartest

David Cameron

Post by grammartest »

Hello

is the yellow bus service still running for sutton coldfield grammer school from hallgreen (Near Robin hood Island). are the planing to run for next year 2016 too.

Please update me as based on that we decide to opt Sutton coldfield school for 2016 or not.
scgsdad

Post by scgsdad »

Yes it is I understand it is a five year agreement that gets reviewed again in 2018 and prices were fixed for 5 years.
HodgeHillDad

Post by HodgeHillDad »

Our daughter has been using this service since September and we can highly recommend it
Her older brother used to catch NX Buses and often didn't get home from Bishop Vesey's until nearly 5pm, getting stuck in traffic from Tyburn Road to near "The Fort" for 20-30 minutes
The Yellow Bus avoids this route and we're delighted to see daughter home between 4.05 and 4.10pm every afternoon
She loves catching this bus
And no, I'm not being paid to advertise this service!
LFC96

Re: David Cameron

Post by LFC96 »

grammartest wrote:Hello

is the yellow bus service still running for sutton coldfield grammer school from hallgreen (Near Robin hood Island). are the planing to run for next year 2016 too.

Please update me as based on that we decide to opt Sutton coldfield school for 2016 or not.
Are there any similar school bus services for boys to Sutton Coldfield from Hall Green / Solihull area, as I understand the Yellow bus service is girls only?
HodgeHillDad

Post by HodgeHillDad »

I don't believe there are any special school bus services for boys to Sutton Coldfield (but stand to be corrected!)
Best route from Solihull / Hall Green to Sutton might be bus to City Centre then train from New Street to Sutton
Or possibly train from Solihull or Hall Green to Moor Street then train from New Street to Sutton
Quite a few boys going to Vesey's and girls going to Sutton Girls catch the train from all over each day
It can be quite a long journey, but it's not uncommon for DC to have journeys starting at 7 AM to get to Grammar Schools
Glad we never had to face that, but I can understand why people do it
LFC96

Post by LFC96 »

HodgeHillDad wrote:I don't believe there are any special school bus services for boys to Sutton Coldfield (but stand to be corrected!)
I thought so, thanks for info HodgeHillDad, much appreciated.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now