Dr Challoners walk from station

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

munisha

Dr Challoners walk from station

Post by munisha »

Hi all

Anyone know how long the walk from Chalfont and Latimer station to DCHS is? Internet tells me 13 mins but wondered what actual experiences were.

Many thanks.
Guest55

Re: Dr Challoners walk from station

Post by Guest55 »

I would say it's longer than that and a busy road to cross.

Are you close enough to the school to be allocated a place?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Munisha, Guest55 is asking the right question:
Are you close enough to the school to be allocated a place?
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but the chances of your DD being allocated a place at DCHS are as close to zero as it gets.

Please look at all your options for the CAF and make sure they are realistic. You can see the past Bucks allocation profiles here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvy4xyyg3t0zr ... .xlsx?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
munisha

Post by munisha »

Thanks for the info.

I've also looked at the allocation profiles. I notice the one in your link shows allocation as at March ie the first round. The April allocation goes out much further than this, almost double the distance I believe.

However I know the chances are still pretty slim and it's certainly not going to be the one I'm rooting for. However based on the second round allocations, I don't think it's absolutely impossible.

Cheers!
munisha

Post by munisha »

Incidentally, re the busy road to cross, I believe there are many children that walk from the station to the school. Are there any DCs' parents on here that can verify that? That was what the school told me at the open day. In their words, 'they take over the train station!'

M
Hera

Post by Hera »

I know of a girl who got in off the waiting list last year who must be about 6 miles OOC. Apparently loads of girls take the train and it is a half mile, 10 minute walk from the station. However didn't they add an extra class last year? This is just anecdotal from someone else though; not direct experience!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hera wrote:However didn't they add an extra class last year? This is just anecdotal from someone else though; not direct experience!
Yes, they did add an extra class, for the first time ever, and there is absolutely no certainty that they will do so again. That is why the second Allocation Profile is so much wider than normal.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

It's surely no more than 15 minutes' walk from the station, tops? And while the A404 is busy, there is a traffic light-controlled pedestrian crossing midway along it.

So the journey isn't really the issue, it's the fact that you won't get place there which is!

Although I think I'm right in saying that they always take (up to) an extra 30 girls into the Sixth Form – Sally-Anne?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Rob Clark wrote:Although I think I'm right in saying that they always take (up to) an extra 30 girls into the Sixth Form – Sally-Anne?
Correct. PAN for Y7 - Y11 is 150, and for Y12 & Y13 it is 180.
Mostlymum

Post by Mostlymum »

PAN for 2016 is 180 again, school announced it the other week.

Walk from the station takes no time, 10 mins at absolute max and there's a crossing on the A404.