dyslexia report

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

thefirs

dyslexia report

Post by thefirs »

i have managed to get a report from the dyslexia testing ed phy, showing lots of lucid ability test results, which show DC is 3 years ahead in all areas. do we think the panel will take this info into account, or will they think that we are just throwing money around having this done, which obviously not at all the case, we were only diagnosed in aug 2015. i have sent info to the appeals box. thanks
Etienne

Re: dyslexia report

Post by Etienne »

do we think the panel will take this info into account
By "panel" I assume you mean "appeal panel" (because that's what your email says), in which case the answer to your question is - an appeal panel must give proper consideration to any evidence submitted.

I would have thought it should be sufficient to explain the borderline level for Writing.
To what extent it will help outweigh the lowish 11+ score is harder to predict.
Etienne
thefirs

Post by thefirs »

I'm going for selection review, automatically say appeal panel , thinking of how it used to be !
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

:?

In that case change "an appeal panel must give proper consideration to any evidence submitted" (a legal requirement)
to
"a review panel ought to give proper consideration to any evidence submitted".
To what extent it will help outweigh the lowish 11+ score is harder to predict.
Except that - with the 11+ score you have - we know only 6% of review cases succeeded last year.
Etienne
thefirs

Post by thefirs »

I am aware appeal is probably the better option over selection review but the chances of going on to get a place a Dcgs (where ds2 goes) is highly unlikely, I cannot fit 4 diff schools into my life !!! It's a logistical nightmare .

I am also aware of the stats, I can't odds that, the 11 plus score is rubbish , but we could be that 6%
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Now that you mention the school, it's also worth noting that they arrange their own appeals, and the success rate is thought to be very low.
Etienne
thefirs

Post by thefirs »

Agreed. I do have an excellent ht report and excellent report from Ed phy. But I do think selection review is my best bet for Dcgs.
thefirs

Post by thefirs »

Another question please......
So I have an excellent head teachers letter and an excellent ed phy report, very happy with them both but
The elephant in the room is the 4A in writing , baring in mind the newly diagnosed dyslexia, I feel I need to mention the 4A in my selection paperwork, I'm well aware it's not high enough but with diagnosis and now embarking on dyslexia program out of school we should improve in this rapidly. I shouldn't point out negatives but I know they are staring at it. How can I bring this up ? Any tips please or wording ideas to get panel to understand that we are working on improving this rapidly
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Try and get the school on board, even if they do as little as providing you with spelling lists such as "sight words" you will then be able to confirm with the school that a combined plan of action has seen improvement, and the school teacher'ss official acknowledgement of such will confirm that they consider it to be a learning problem that he is,willing to work hard at to assist with his writing skills.
I haven't read your full appeal posts, but did he only bomb the vr?
thefirs

Post by thefirs »

, but did he only bomb the vr?[/quote]

scores are : - VR 102, M 113, NV 100 (V 51, M34, NV 20) thats the 11 plus scores

school grades are all 5's apart from the reading, 97 percentile in NFER,

school are doing bugger all to help right now, ive taken him to ed ph that teaches dyslexic etc kids, shes given us a program that we are starting 5 times a week at home, then will go back to look at progress. so i can hardly ask school for something they are not doing. HT v supportive in letter. im quite usure really....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now