Birth certificate

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mgnmum

Birth certificate

Post by Mgnmum »

Had letter from Watford boys this morning giving me 5 days to submit both my sons and daughters full birth certificates. I had thought I was being sensible submitting them when I dropped off the SIF but they were not the full ones they wanted. It just says on the SIF that a certificate will be needed but not when so I think 5 days is a bit unreasonable especially as have to post As the school is shut. I luckily have found my sons but not my daughter's as yet:( anyone know how long it takes to get a duplicate from registry office?
hermanmunster

Re: Birth certificate

Post by hermanmunster »

I think if you go to register office some do a fast track 48 hour service - costs £10 extra (+ the cert).
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

Panic over, have found it at bottom of 4th box of paperwork!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Mgnmum wrote:Panic over, have found it at bottom of 4th box of paperwork!
Phew - that "very safe place" !!
1Watford

Post by 1Watford »

For anyone else who has lost their birth certificates...
Don't panic!
You can always phone the school and tell them how long it will be for one to be ordered, they will wait.

The original letter asking for ours last year was lost in the post!! The first we heard was in about mid-November when we had a letter saying something along the lines of "further to our letter of x of October, please can you send in full birth certificates by {about the} first week of December". DS still got his x-sib place!