LGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Letsdoit

LGS

Post by Letsdoit »

Hi,
My DS got qualifying marks for slough consortium.Just wondering about the reviews of LGS before including in CAF as our postcode HA3 is in their priority area and I am aware that there is a coach going from Harrow as well.

Thanks in advance.
Newbie121

Re: LGS

Post by Newbie121 »

Hi I am wondering the same. They have a local admissions area but I don't know how many they will take from there.
happymommy

Post by happymommy »

we are in the same situation. My DS got 129 in slough exam. And not sure about the chances of getttiing into Langley as our postcode is in General admission area. Does anybody know how many kids qualified inside the priority area?
Osho

Post by Osho »

With about 10 primaries in langley inner catchment area and roughly if we consider 5 kids per primary that qualified langley inner area admission priority condition, it means still have 100 seats open for grabs.
Having said that it is a fact that slough primaries are rated very low on national basis so your guess is as good as mine about your chances which are high of course.
The general consensus is 118 cutoff for langley and this we got from the tuition centre my kid went to. he scored 122
Dadcool

Post by Dadcool »

Hi,
I don't find Reading postcode either in local or general admission area. Has this rule come into existence only this year effective 2016 admissions ???

I know for sure that at least one student from my DS`s school in Reading has got admission in Langley for year 2015.

My DS scored 119 in Slough and we are in Reading RG1 code. So no point in including LGS in CAF ????
Osho

Post by Osho »

Dadcool wrote:Hi,
I don't find Reading postcode either in local or general admission area. Has this rule come into existence only this year effective 2016 admissions ???

I know for sure that at least one student from my DS`s school in Reading has got admission in Langley for year 2015.

My DS scored 119 in Slough and we are in Reading RG1 code. So no point in including LGS in CAF ????
This criteria came into effect from this year ie for admission in 2016. Without being in catchment it is almost not possible.
Dadcool

Post by Dadcool »

Osho wrote:

This criteria came into effect from this year ie for admission in 2016. Without being in catchment it is almost not possible.
And I guess timeline for moving into catchment of LGS has already passed or we can still move before March and Slough council would consider new address ??
flashy

Post by flashy »

Hi
Any chances to get into LGS with 118 score?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Dadcool wrote:
Osho wrote:

And I guess timeline for moving into catchment of LGS has already passed or we can still move before March and Slough council would consider new address ??
There are links to all the admission policies pinned to the top of this page. A quick look at LGS has the following:

The home address must be the address where the applicant is living at the time of application and before the closing date for applications.

So it is too late to move into the catchment
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now