Colchester grammar from Ilford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Malli

Colchester grammar from Ilford

Post by Malli »

Hi
Does anyone go to Colchester grammar boys or girls from Redbridge, Newbury Park, Gantshill, Clayhall or surrounding area. Or is anyone applying to this school from the above area. I am going to put Colchester as my first choice and have organised private transport. If anyone is interested in sharing please contact me edited by moderator to remove phone number. Contact by pm please
Woodbine

Re: Colchester grammar from Ilford

Post by Woodbine »

Holly Molly that's a round trip of over 100 miles. (twice a day for the taxi of mum or dad?) There's me dithering about including Sutton Grammar on the CAF because it is almost 5 miles and the journey by public transport is a bit tricky.

I guess this pleas shows just how determined/desperate some are to get a grammar place.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Possibly CRGS is different, but DD is at SHSG (4 miles from home, 3 stops on the train and a 15 minute walk) and at the 'KS4 transition' last year, the Head of KS4 made a point of stressing that living stupid distances (not quite her words but I'm not paraphrasing very much) from school did not absolve girls from, say, attending after school events - or Friday detentions! - should they be required to.

I suppose if one's own daily commute is a similar distance(?), it probably doesn't seem unreasonable for one's 11 year old to do it too.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
curiousappa

Post by curiousappa »

Hi Toadmum and Malli
We would like to put our daughter in colchchgirls
We live in cambridge and ready to relocate near by brentwood or Shenfield.
I just came back from shenfield as toadmum said in different thread there is train from shenfield to colchester but north colchester station to school is 2.6 miles
It involves 15 to 20 minutes bus including waiting for bus and .6 miles walk to school
So shenfield train station to Colchester school is
1 hour 5 minute
Even if you live 5 minutes walkable distance to shenfield station door to door will be 1 hour 10 minutes.
Which I believe too much for child who only 11 years old.
If there is a direct Coach which drops the children at cchs and colchchg will ideal so journey will be only 45 to 50 minutes maximum.
I heard there are Coaches running from newbury park to chelmsford but not to colchester.
Mally ready to share the Ride if they go via brentwood or Shenfield.
Thanks
I heard Stephenson coaches essex arrange school trips If there is huge intrest
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now