11 year old Child mugged for rucksack in Wycombe

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

11 year old Child mugged for rucksack in Wycombe

Post by southbucks3 »

Not sure if this is the right place, but I am horrified by the following recent report, especially with my own boys of 11 and 12 regularly walking home through Wycombe at this time of day.
The article makes it clear he wasn't carrying a school iPad or anything else of value in his bag, but with RGS recently issuing iPads to their new year 7 boys please be extra vigilant. :(

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/13 ... gh_Street/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Moderators please move if necessary.
jabba7

Re: 11 year old Child mugged for rucksack in Wycombe

Post by jabba7 »

Hi SB3

Thanks for posting this as I hadn't seen it. Very worrying.

I have a son in RGS year 7 and they haven't' been given ipads, well he hasn't come home with one!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

jabba7 wrote:Hi SB3

Thanks for posting this as I hadn't seen it. Very worrying.

I have a son in RGS year 7 and they haven't' been given ipads, well he hasn't come home with one!
Sorry jabba,
Ds1 thought they had, he is so huge now that yr8 kids look like yr7! (Never believe teenagers)
At the end of the day there are still lots of fairly young kids wandering around high wycombe after school with 3-400 pounds worth of tablet plus often phones, in their bags, it was sadly inevitable that sooner or later a child would be mugged. :(
V worrying though, even more worrying is that my boys thought someone should have stopped the thief as the high st must have been busy....long lecture on personal safety v "stuff" and the importance of just letting go if someone bigger, stronger, desperate and possibly armed with a knife wants your bag.
BlueBerry22

Post by BlueBerry22 »

Thanks for posting SB3 - completely unaware of this and that is pretty much the route my DS takes every day.

I have always thought that asking them to take iPads to/from school was a bit of an "invitation" to thieves - after all the children are easily identifiable by their uniforms.

I feel sorry for the poor child - possibly just half a term into that sense of freedom that comes with secondary school - it has probably knocked them for six.

BB22
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

Thanks for posting SB3 and was just worried my yet to learn the art of organisation son may have forgot to tell me they are getting ipads!

It's a very sad story and awful when normally children can feel safe in this area
Newbie121

Post by Newbie121 »

Just when you think the kids need to get used to travelling alone, this happens.... :shock:
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

jabba7 wrote: feel safe in this area
Not sure I ever feel safe in that area anymore ... :-(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now