SCAF help please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
susanass

SCAF help please

Post by susanass »

Hi, I have yet to fill in my form. Just wanted to know if anyone can help.
Can you appeal for any of the schools mentioned on your form, regardless of order?
Even if you have been offered your first choice, can you still appeal for the bottom 3. Or do you have to put the ones you know you may not get, but you want, above the one you will get for sure. I hope what I am asking makes sense? thanks
ToadMum

Re: SCAF help please

Post by ToadMum »

susanass wrote:Hi, I have yet to fill in my form. Just wanted to know if anyone can help.
Can you appeal for any of the schools mentioned on your form, regardless of order?
Even if you have been offered your first choice, can you still appeal for the bottom 3. Or do you have to put the ones you know you may not get, but you want, above the one you will get for sure. I hope what I am asking makes sense? thanks
'Regardless of order' implies that you have a school for which you will qualify, which you have placed above one or more for which you don't. In that case, what have you got to appeal about? You said in your application that you preferred School C to School D or School E, so why would you appeal for a place at School D or School E if you got School C? You may or may not have been turned down by the lower-listed schools, but in theory at least, the reason you will get for not being allocated a place at one of them is that your LEA placed your child at what you told it was a more desirable school. I'm just looking at it from your LEA's point of view here :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Dantsw13

Post by Dantsw13 »

I think it used to be the case that for some schools you had to put them first on the SCAF. Theses days it doesn't matter a jot where you place them, you will be allocated the highest placed school for which you qualify. So if school A s the school of your dreams, but only a small chance of getting in, put it top. If you don't get it, you will automatically be allocated the second choice as long as you meet its admissions criteria.
hempsteadlad

Post by hempsteadlad »

As most schools in Kent are now Academies and they do not know the order of your preferences, the answer is yes you can. Also there is nothing in the code to say that you cannot. Appeal panels do not see the SCAF (they could for a maintained school in some areas), but Academy Appeal Panels do not get this information.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now