Can anyone provide definitive info.

I have 2015 sitters 5574 from MSD email
2013 sitters as 4700 from Stratford Herald

No idea about 2014, although for some reason I thought it was 5300

Can anyone confirm
ToadMum

Re: 11+ Birmingham sitters

Post by ToadMum »

Petitpois wrote:Can anyone provide definitive info.

Can anyone confirm
Sorry, I have no idea, but - is the current year's figure the number who actually sat the exam at a Birmingham venue, or the total number who took in Birmingham, plus the others who asked to have their results shared with Birmingham (i.e. the 'Birmingham cohort')?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
PamB

Post by PamB »

I thought 5400 last year - here's one thread I found:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 00#p484908" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure how to paste, so if above doesn't work, it was under "waiting till March is killing me"
MSD

Post by MSD »

ToadMum wrote:
Petitpois wrote:Can anyone provide definitive info.

Can anyone confirm
Sorry, I have no idea, but - is the current year's figure the number who actually sat the exam at a Birmingham venue, or the total number who took in Birmingham, plus the others who asked to have their results shared with Birmingham (i.e. the 'Birmingham cohort')?
5574 is total number registered to take test and that will include the ones who asked to share with Birmingham.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

That feels slightly better. More like a 3% increase at most, but possibly a little more neutral neutral if taking into account the Warks shares.

Just need to put at back of mind and save all my posts for the Xcrazy week before 1/3.

Can't see the trend abating though, so a few points up is most likely for all cut offs. I really really think the PP cut offs are likely to see a significant shift upwards. Especially for FW and CHG/CHB
MSD

Post by MSD »

It will be interesting to see how many out of 5547 were PP candidates and what percentage increase there has been since last year for PP places. I understand that last year some schools could not fill all PP places but pretty certain they will be comfortably filled this year. Agreed PP - I also see the PP cut-off going up this year.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

KEVIHS filled 24 out of 32 places. Looking at PP last entry scores for last year

KEVIHS 209 - smaller rise as 8 places to take up slack
Camp Hill Girls 210 - suggests big rise
Camp Hill Boys 219 - big rise
FW 206 (but QS is 200) - big rise

Probably Camp Hill boys is likely to have the biggest increase. But CHG I would bet my socks will be 220 this year. Similarly 216 or similar for FW.

FO should communicate better as many are saying that as long as they have the QS and FSM they are in. There may be some disappointed FSM parents this year a alongside all the others
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now