Solihull to KES Stratford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rimjhimm100

Solihull to KES Stratford

Post by rimjhimm100 »

We are looking at bus X20 - if any of your DS's or DD's do the same journey i.e. Solihull to Stratford, please could you give me a shout on here?

It'll help us to plan which bus stop to catch the bus from (we could hop on anywhere along Stratford road) and at least in the first few weeks my son will not be on his own.

Thank you!
rimjhimm100

Re: Solihull to KES Stratford

Post by rimjhimm100 »

I have had some great responses to my other queries and many of you have been very helpful, it is definitely moving us closer to our decision of which school to put first. being new on this forum I am overwhelmed with the support I received.....thank you guys.

If anyone goes to KES from Solihull I will be ever so grateful to get your input - to finally be realistic and sensible re travel as KES is our preferred option.
lemur

Post by lemur »

Hi Rhimjhimm. Might be an idea to re-post on the Warwickshire forum. Good to hear that you are closer to making a decision. We are still undecided. Our DS may be swaying towards CHB, influenced by the GCSE/A-level results, his brother being at CHB and 3 of his best friends planning to go. As parents, we were excited by the sense of history at KES and the broader range of subjects offered, but ultimately it will be DS's decision. 4 days to go .....
KenR

Post by KenR »

We had a similar question last year for Solihull to KES journeys - you might want to explore my suggestion of the Shirley to Stratford Trains and sharing lifts to the station with other parents

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 9&start=10
HappyRobot

Post by HappyRobot »

I see boys on the Stratford road waiting for the bus to stratford around 7.25 ish.
There is a bus from knowle and dorridge cricket ground i think too.
Ask johnsons and they will tell you. the buses are pretty full so I think he won't be alone.
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Thank you Lemur, I posted it on Warks too and got in touch with a couple of other parents.

HappyRobot, thanks we did the bus journey ourselves from Stratford road on X20. I have all the information now from Johnsons coaches and about the private buses too.

Thank you kenR, we also looked at the train options but have decided to go the bus route for the 1st year.

Thanks to everyone on this forum - very helpful and supportive.

Good luck to all
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

It's interesting to see that some families are choosing KES (Stratford) over CHB.
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

nervousmom wrote:It's interesting to see that some families are choosing KES (Stratford) over CHB.
I think it comes down to what you are looking for in a school and it is very personal too. CHB is a very good school as I have been told by many. Interestingly, each time we visited, something held us back.....we tried to choose it purely from the travel aspect but every time we discussed it we didn't feel happy about it! Whereas ever since we visited KES for the 1st time (over a year ago), we kind of knew it was 'the' one for our son. The decision , of course. was also swayed by the fact that he was absolutely sure he preferred it to CHB!

Some families prefer to go to a school that is nearer to them and CHB is known for being more of an 'academic' school (not saying KES isn't) which may suit some families more. No matter how hard we tried, we couldn't visualise DS there. Just like for some others, KES may be a definite 'no'......

The discipline, general ethos of the school, the activities, options offered, the smartness of the boys we met, the way they conducted themselves, the way they spoke......I could go on and on and as you can see I would certainly make a very good Ambassador of KES!

The advice I have had from this forum has led me to believe that those who are at CHB are very happy with their choice and similarly those at KES, are too. Like someone here commented we were comparing 2 very good schools and couldn't have gone wrong. It was a 'fortunate' dilemma to have! I hope everyone on this forum have found their happy mediums and the CAFs are out of the way. Good luck all!!!!
equation

Post by equation »

nervousmom wrote:It's interesting to see that some families are choosing KES (Stratford) over CHB.
It's not that interesting or unusual. They're both good schools - as rimjimm says its depends on location, feel of the place etc.
I suppose what you mean by interesting is that chb seems more popular on this forum- probably because more brummie posters than warks ones.
Great choice rimjimm methinks.
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Great choice rimjimm methinks.[/quote]

Me too Equation!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now