Berks - is it worth it?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ses

Berks - is it worth it?

Post by ses »

My DS came out of the Berks CRM test saying that he miss heard the instructions for one of the sections (he was sat right at the back) - when he realised that he'd got it wrong, he tried to rub out the answers and put them back in correctly.... but he really wasn't sure that a) he rubbed everything out correctly and b) got the answers he wanted put in correctly.

His results came back and it's clear that something went wrong as they were much lower than expected - I suppose my question is, is it worth/possible trying to find out if the scores for each of the sections to show that one of sections is 'abnormal'? And if so, would the school/appeal system take his scores re-averaged out excluding that section?
Tolstoy

Re: Berks - is it worth it?

Post by Tolstoy »

Once the test is over and the appeals route began then your energies are best spent on obtaining all the evidence that you can to show that your DC is of high academic ability.

Alongside that it is probably good to have a reason why their performance on the day wasn't a true reflection of that but I doubt whether the will average out marks across sections. It could be that DC was weaker in that particular section.

If DC hadn't rubbed out correctly then I believe the papers are hand marked and the more obvious answer is accepted.