Altrincham Boys Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
workerbee

Altrincham Boys Grammar

Post by workerbee »

So, Sale, Urmston and AGGS have all posted admission policies for 2017. I have e mailed the Boys Grammar twice this week and have had no response. Has anyone got any clue as to what's in their minds for next years exam.. or is silence an indication that they will roll on with what they have.
Homebird

Re: Altrincham Boys Grammar

Post by Homebird »

Interesting that English seems to have disappeared from Urmston and been replaced by Verbal Reasoning. I haven't looked at the others yet.
wangxiaosara

Post by wangxiaosara »

so sale grammar, stretford grammar and urmston grammar, they all go for vb, nvb and maths now! What is the next? GL or CEM
wangxiaosara

Post by wangxiaosara »

I have got funny feeling about that Urmston grammar may switch to CEM this year since they have dropped English and did not mention anything about creative writing.
Homebird

Post by Homebird »

I think you may well be correct wangxiaosara.
The policy also states that 'Urmston Grammar may work in collaboration with other grammar schools for the testing process.' so it looks like they may be joining forces with another school for the testing.
Interesting times ahead ...
deltamum

Post by deltamum »

I have been told that apparently, Trafford are no longer funding the examinations process for schools as previously. Now that they have to foot the bill themselves, the schools may well join up to save costs.
enema

Post by enema »

From consultation on website re expansion of school:

"There will be no change to the selective admissions policy but it is expected that the Pupil
Admission Number will increase from 173 to 210."
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

"No change to selective admissions policy". But clear reference to other area of Trafford. I assume they mean M33, M44, M32, M31, M17 etc etc all of which would be considered out of catchment currently - are they going to classify them as in catchment!!! What are they planning ...clear as mud!