VR for Wallington Girls School

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
anya

VR for Wallington Girls School

Post by anya »

Hello

Just joined this website - thanks to all the people who have posted information - it has been invaluable and will be well used. I have a daughter in year 5 and have decided to tutor her to take the test for Wallington Girls School and also for Old Palace Girls school in Croydon. I have contacted Wallington and found that the VR test is based on NFER multiple choice. Does anyone know whether this includes all 21 types, as I haven’t been able to find this information anywhere. If Wallington only test 16 types then I don’t want to waste time on the others.

I made mistake when bought all the Bond books for VR, Maths & English up to age 11 in December. After reading all the posts I now know that the VR are irrelevant so I would like to make doubly sure before I waste any more money. Thanks Anya
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Welcome *** I am no expert, I'm afraid! just wanted to say hi, there are so many brilliant helpful people with astounding expertise though,I'm sure one will be along to help you shortly. P.M
anya

Re: VR for Wallington Girls School

Post by anya »

Thanks proud mum - i keeping checking to see if I have any replies! people are reading so I,m sure someone will know the answer. If not I think we will just do all 21 types - its better than the 50 types with Bond that we were doing
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Anya

I do not know whether its 15 or 21. However most publishers use 21 [except shop bought NFER]

If in doubt teach the 21. Take a look at the following link in the Bucks section where I have detailed most of the relevant material for 21 NFER VR M/C.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=4782

Patricia
anya

RE: VR for Wallington

Post by anya »

Thanks - I had already printed this info out! I was just trying to see if I could avoid doing unnecessary work. I will be popping into town to see if I can buy the IPS technique book so we can start straight away. Hopefully we havent picked up too many bad habits from the bond vr as we only started in December.
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Hi Anya
I only have boys so can't really help. Have you asked the school? I think Sutton grammar, which also does NFER, seemed to cover 21 types. Presumably you will need to do verbal reasoning for Old Palace as well so won't hurt to cover it all.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now