Tiffin Stage Two test - boys (10/11/15)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stroller

Tiffin Stage Two test - boys (10/11/15)

Post by Stroller »

Good luck to the boys who are sitting the Stage Two test today.
http://www.tiffinschool.co.uk/admissions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Results will matter to the level of two decimal places. Do not disadvantage your son. Don't make life easy for competitors. Every detail you reveal makes the test easier for boys who sit the test later than yours. Please do not discuss the specifics of what came up in the test online or offline or even with a tutor afterwards unless you are speaking with the parent of a child your son definitely saw in the exam room for stage two.

Remind your son not to share details in school either. You have no idea whose nephew / cousin / friend is trying to gain an advantage.

Write details down this week while they're fresh in your mind. But keep them to yourself at least until you know the outcome. So that applies at least until the beginning of March and even longer if you find yourself on the waiting list.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
phantomguzzler

Re: Tiffin Stage Two test - boys (10/11/15)

Post by phantomguzzler »

I was there this morning and didn't look like huge numbers, my guess would be a lot less than 500 any other ideas of numbers? A lady behind me thought there were more taking the test tomorrow. Is that just a rumor or anyone else heard of another sitting? She also said she though the first 30 places went to Kingston boys but I don't see that in the admission policy. Have to be careful what you hear at times... Interested to know numbers and did anyone from out of catchment sit this morning?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Tiffin School's admission policy for 2016 intake.

http://www.tiffinschool.co.uk/_docs/adm ... 6Entry.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
newto11+

Post by newto11+ »

We were puzzled too to see very few there( 30 - 40 boys ). And also, we're informed that the test would start at 8.25 but it was delayed till 9.45! Wondering how many sessions they are having today?
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

There were definitely fewer than 500 hundred boys there this morning. We must have seen around 80-100 boys.

It would have been impossible to start the test at 8.25am given that the doors were open 'til 8.15am. There's no way they would have had all the boys ready in 10 minutes! They probably had it planned to start at 9am all along.

How do you know the start time has been pushed back to 9.45am?
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Sounds unusual, unless there was a mass outbreak of a debilitating illness. Wonder how many will recover in time for the back-up date? Don't talk about the specifics of today's exam.

Or perhaps the odds have suddenly reduced, which would be a welcome surprise no doubt.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
J50

Post by J50 »

I presume the school couldn't cope with all the boys at once as they haven't closed for the day like they did for the first exam.
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

I've just collected my DS from Tiffin and there were around 220+ parents waiting in the hall to collect (rows E to K) so there must have been even more collecting from rows A to D from elsewhere. So there must have been at least 400+ boys there .
phantomguzzler

Post by phantomguzzler »

were there mulitple entrances and pick up points, I was only going off the London Road drop off and pick up and am sure there were under 200 (upstairs and downstairs). How did that lady know the test started late though given they were still sitting in the exam when she posted that? Our son said there were some boys that arrived late and were taken to another room, lots of empty seats according to my sons friend but my son said not many empty seats in his room.
NiksMum

Post by NiksMum »

I asked a Prefect how many boys were invited for the exam today - told us it was exactly 527 boys! :D

Have to say that the school were very well organised.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now