Of Mice and Men for GCSE?

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JaneEyre

Of Mice and Men for GCSE?

Post by JaneEyre »

This might be of interest for the last cohort of students studying Of Mice and Men for their English literature GCSE.

http://links.nationaltheatre.mkt6628.co ... &mt=1&rt=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Stroller for indicating to me that 'Steinbeck's writing style is renowned for careful honing and clarity'. It is indeed such a beauty! :D
bumblebee

Re: Of Mice and Men for GCSE?

Post by bumblebee »

Thanks for the heads up on that, what a great idea. Its expensive though isnt it. My local showing it next week but £ 32.50 for tickets for two. :?
Stokers

Post by Stokers »

Our local Everyman shows a live streaming most Thursdays (and often an encore on the Friday). It is pricey (£17.50) but significantly cheaper and more convenient than getting down into town for 7pm during the week. DS is going to this one with a few of his friends next week. I was a bit surprised I had to tell his Engish teacher about it, though!
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

Thanks for this info
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

bumblebee wrote: Its expensive though isnt it. My local showing it next week but £ 32.50 for tickets for two. :?
Sadly, that is the problem with theatre... I would also have liked that when a play is presented live at the pictures, it is a bit less expensive than a real place at the theatre. :?

I bought today a theatre ticket to see Macbeth this winter. I nearly got tempted :evil: to buy a ticket for two different plays as the Director’s Choice caught my eye:
Purchase tickets for Macbeth and King Lear and/or Twelfth Night at the same time and receive £5 off tickets. This is part of our Director’s Choice offering, a pairing of plays that either complement or contrast with one another.

But I remembered in time the bills I will have soon to pay! :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now