Maths Websites Or other resources

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lifechances

Maths Websites Or other resources

Post by lifechances »

Hello everyone, DS has started preparing for 11+ exams in 2016. He has a good basic understanding of all the topics covered in 11+ exam and I want him to practice more & more on each individual topics (percentages, algebra etc) to ground the concepts in his head before doing any practice or mixed question papers later on.

I am sure this question has been asked many times before and I tried looking on the forum but I will be delighted if someone could list free/paid websites which can help us download tests and practice. There are so many books in the market and it is very confusing. You can also share the books you did with your DCs.

Regards
Hopeful dad.
Sally-Anne

Re: Maths Websites Or other resources

Post by Sally-Anne »

You could start with the very first post on the Maths section: Guest55's useful websites for maths ...
russet

Post by russet »

I found Khan Academy useful for explaining ideas in maths, but only on this forum is this a controversial statement. Any mention of it is soon deleted. Apparently the maths they use is American rather than the proper British maths, but if you can get over that, it has some wonderfully clear explanatory videos.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's not just this forum where KA is regarded as inferior to other websites and where it is pointed out that wrong terminology is used.

There are plenty of English videos on youtube or examsolutions which are far better.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

russet wrote:I found Khan Academy useful for explaining ideas in maths, but only on this forum is this a controversial statement. Any mention of it is soon deleted.
Khan Academy is Marmite. Some people love it, some people hate it.

Deletions only happen when people cannot remain civilised while discussing it.

<wanders off for a slice of toast and real-life Marmite>
russet

Post by russet »

But the views of G55 are seem as superior.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now