Why I want to go to CRGS??

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
meboo

Why I want to go to CRGS??

Post by meboo »

Can anyone help me with what CRGS are looking for on the application form for the reason that we, my DS, are applying for the school.
Applications due in soon and really stuck at getting it to sound right. Also how may words would you consider to be a 'short' statement?

Thank you.
Stroller

Re: Why I want to go to CRGS??

Post by Stroller »

Why does your son want to go there?
  • parents want him to
    Lives nearby
    Likes their favourite sport / music / something
    Knows someone already there
    Wants to do a subject they offer but nobody else does
    Doesn't want to be forced into something at the next best alternative
    Would benefit greatly because...
If HE has no reasons, maybe he doesn't want to go there.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
moved

Post by moved »

My daughter really wanted A level Spanish and they offer that.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

DD's wasn't long- a couple of short paragraphs. She mentioned family connection with school, extracurricular activities she would be interested in, her uni ambitions and how her choice of subjects fitted with this.
TBH I'm not sure how important it is. After applying she was asked to supply recent school report and gcse certificates for subjects already taken. She has an interview in 2 weeks.
KB

Post by KB »

Make sure it is his own words and is well written - checked carefully for spelling etc.

I suspect it is partly to make the applicant think about why for themselves....

Subjects on offer
Teaching organisation and style
Ethos
Academic standards
Extra curricular

They are looking for people who will fit in well - be able to hold their own academically and thrive in the school. School report and GCSE predictions are therefore critical but this part gives an opportunity to demonstrate that you 'get' the school. If someone who is really bright is going to spend the two years fighting rules and not participating in the school then its not going to be a good experience for them or helpful to staff or fellow pupils.
moved

Post by moved »

I would highly recommend it for a committed academic child. Some of DD's friends found the transition from comp to GS tough initially. Some didn't come back to year 13 but most are now working their socks off in yr 13.
meboo

Post by meboo »

Thank you, just have to wait and see now. Any idea how long it will take to hear anything?
KB

Post by KB »

Interviews take place over quite a period of time so don't worry if you don't hear straight away.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now