AGGS BUS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ManYou

AGGS BUS

Post by ManYou »

Is the bus fair price going up for the 706?

I have heard rumours the price is increasing from £11 to £18 per week?

:shock:
TIDDLYMUM

Re: AGGS BUS

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Really? My son has been getting the 370 for years , he stopped using the school bus after the first year. His Stagecoach pass was 6.50 a week! Now he is in 6th form I buy a unirider which works out at less than £6.00 a week!

Why is it going up so much, that's an awful lot of money for a pass you can only use on one bus. The tram plus bus from Alty would work out cheaper ( assuming you were getting on at Didsbury).
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Yes apparently they have been running at a loss for quite sometime according to a letter my son received from the driver yesterday. Unfortunately i cannot find the letter today, but as i can remember it will be £18.00 per week which has to be purchased from Stagecoach , Igo cards will no longer be excepted. Not very happy ro say the least, the children are packed on like sardines, my DS gets on at one of the last stops and often has to stand on the stairs.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Is it not travelmaster who run that bus not stagecoach?

If it's stagecoach are they actually allowed not to accept an igo?

It's a bit off , I think I would be looking at public bus options or seeing if you can't arrange something yourself.
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Sorry yes it is travelmaster , there is a bus that comes later which does drop off on Hale Rd but it is mainly loreto girls, (my dd used to get it) but don't think ds would be happy on a bus full of girls! Unfortunately we dont have any other options apart from either pay up , get the car out , or make him sit with girls!! (Probably like the last option come yr 9!)
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I'd be even more annoyed if I was paying £18.00 for a few stops! Bit off really, manageable I suppose for 1 child but if on a low income or with a couple of kids.... I'd be interested what the school thinks, not the boys school because they categorically do not run a bus service , but the girls school has a published 8 mile catchment and I would expect there is an obligation to ensure transport is available ? After all grammars are on ability rather than affordability ( in theory ) 8) :lol: :lol: .

It is the girls bus service as opposed to the boys, I know that.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Fuel prices have dropped significantly over the last 18 months and I bet the overheads have not increased that much if at all.

I think they are taking you for a ride(sorry about the pun)

Disgraceful-challenge it!!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

What I will say is my dealings with travel master when my son used to get the bus were always very good. The drivers used to look out for the children and the bus never let us down.
ManYou

Re: AGGS BUS - PLEASE COMPLAIN IF YOU USE THIS ROUTE

Post by ManYou »

Message from school:

Dear Parents/Carers,

The changes to the 706 bus service that commence in January have prompted a parent of an AGGS pupil to contact Travelmaster.
He has been told by Travelmaster that although they no longer wish to accept the System One Travelcard, if they receive enough complaints from parents about the changes, they will subsidise the service so that it will continue to be accepted. He has asked us to pass this message on to other parents.
Details of the various ways of contacting Travelmaster are attached - you will need to view your account.
Whilst we are passing on this message, once again we would like to remind parents that school is not responsible for any of the bus services for pupils/students attending AGGS. All queries should be directed to the bus company at
bookings@travel-master.co.uk.

I would email customer.relations@tfgm.com as well.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

ManYou wrote:The changes to the 706 bus service that commence in January have prompted a parent of an AGGS pupil to contact Travelmaster.
:wink: :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now