Sofas

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KS10

Sofas

Post by KS10 »

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

We need to have a sofa by mid-January at the latest. Can anyone recommend somewhere that delivers good-quality sofas quickly? We quite like the ones at Next - admittedly, we've only seen them on the website - but there's up to a 15-week wait. I'm normally quite patient but we have an exchange student coming to stay with us at the end of january and at the rate we're going we might not have a single chair downstairs. Anyone fancy house swapping for a week?
hermanmunster

Re: Sofas

Post by hermanmunster »

depends how large a sofa you want. I got an Ektorp (from the swedish store) in the back of an estate car.
J50

Post by J50 »

You could try looking on ebay. You might be surprised with what you find. You can do a search within a limited area. Second hand furniture goes very cheaply - and not just something that is skanky and looks like it's been used in a brothel. And you can usually find a delivery person / man with van etc to deliver. For example I had to buy some desks for a student place we rent out and have bought ones that have retail price of around £200 at John Lewis for between 99p and £22.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Thank you. Will try both options.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Back in 1988, we bought a lovely sofa and armchair from these guys in Brighton. Can't remember how long they took to make the items, unfortunately.

http://www.artdeco-sofas.com/

PS We are still using them, although the sofa arm springs have started to make a bid for freedom :lol:
Last edited by ToadMum on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

The Next website has a section devoted to sofas for delivery in time for Christmas: http://www.next.co.uk/homeware/sofa-col ... earch_Mx:2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Some of the John Lewis sofas are available on quick delivery, I think.
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

Try sofasofa on line from Wales. Fantastic service and really good prices. Had several from them all lasted very well. PLUS you can call them and speak to a real live human being who is willing to try and help - quite unusual these days - they say they on their website that will try and help wherever poss.
mad?

Post by mad? »

MADE have a load of sofas available for pre Christmas delivery on their website
mad?
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Ooh, lots of ideas - thank you!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now