Chigwell vs Forest school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ramya rao

Chigwell vs Forest school

Post by Ramya rao »

Hi - would be grateful if any of you have recommendations for either of this school? We have recently moved to Essex and therefore would appreciate if you can share your experience with these schools . Logistically , Chigwell is closer to us.
HotCrossBun

Re: Chigwell vs Forest school

Post by HotCrossBun »

I don't have children at either, but live in the area and have friends with children at both.

Chigwell is smaller and has better academic results. Chigwell has beautiful grounds but an old tired outdoor pool.
Forest has a diamond structure where they separate the boys and girls from 11 to 16. Forest is on a tight plot with a fancy new pool and gym which is shared with the local community as a leisure centre.

Parents have good things to say about both schools and I have never heard many grumbles. Both are getting harder to get into year on year.
Ramya rao

Post by Ramya rao »

Thanks .. I did notice the pool in Chigwell but to your point they have better grounds. Tempted to go with Chigwell . Will probably have another look of both schools before sending the cheque !
HotCrossBun

Post by HotCrossBun »

That sounds like a good idea. I'd be tempted to choose Chigwell if you live close to it. The traffic in the mornings on the way to Forest is a real pain. Does your DC have a preference? Also, one may offer you a partial scholarship and that could certainly sway your opinion!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now