Montessori

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Amber

Montessori

Post by Amber »

I predict a rise in the popularity of Montessori nursery schools.
You heard it here first. :wink:
BlueSmarties

Re: Montessori

Post by BlueSmarties »

Our kids went to a fantastic Montessori nursery, it was great and they had a lovely time. We must have set the trend :wink:
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

:wink:

I was going to predict an increasing popularity of "good" schools as opposed to "outstanding" ones :lol:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Amber wrote:I predict a rise in the popularity of Montessori nursery schools.
You heard it here first. :wink:
i

Interesting....what announcement have I missed? As an EYP I thought I was pretty up to date :?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

You are looking in the wrong place. :lol: Let's just say they are likely to become trendy once a certain young man starts going to one.
nyr

Post by nyr »

DD went to a Montessori until Reception and it really suited her.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-35130232" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's good Montessori and bad Montessori, and we experienced both.

The key to good Montessori is the way that children's "choices" are managed: guide them and lead them and the results are inspirational.

In bad Montessori schools "choice" equates to "join in if you wish to, but if you don't bother to do that, we won't bother with you." Lazy teaching at its absolute worst, and a travesty.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Even worse is the "Montessori Style" nurseries - where they espouse the "learning through play" mantra, with no training behind it and chaos ensues...!

Good luck to them, I say. Hopefully he will be left to get on with it and that there is not a sudden rush of parents all clamouring to get their little darlings into the same place, just because he is there.

I notices that in the same paper there was a report on a number of private schools that had been rapped on the knuckles by Ofsted or ISC and told to pull their socks up, including Prince Charles's old alma mater...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now