Two months to wait.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
thirdtimemum

Two months to wait.

Post by thirdtimemum »

Goodness this seems to be dragging doesn't it?! I can't quite put it to the back of my mind and I keep popping on here in the hope to see a post titled "mistake made, school admissions to be announced today!". Don't think it is going to happen though.
I've looked through some old threads and it seems that sandwell's website is updated at midnight with an email being sent out about 4am. Birmingham seemed to be later than that last year. Although it does seem that we are able to get an idea of scores by other results that are released a few days earlier. Anyone have any experience of this?
Goodness I never thought January and February could be any more depressing but throw in secondary school applications and it just looks even bleaker than before!
Petitpois

Re: Two months to wait.

Post by Petitpois »

Yes two months. God I hope the scores don't move significantly, as much as I like Wolverhampton Girls High, I don't really want it.

I suppose I should not complain, there will be many many more in similarly borderline situations hoping and praying.

Good to know we find out at 4am
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Counting down the days now!

When we were waiting on DS application 3 years ago, we got our email from Warwickshire at 8.20am, so not expecting it earlier this time.

Although I had stayed up until midnight and was on here again early in the morning and due to early emails from some councils I knew DS had got a place before our email arrived!

Hoping the same happens this time round too.

The waiting won't seem too bad for us luckily, as we are off skiing in 6 weeks time for a week, so concentrating on that at the moment (the logistics of getting 4 kids age 14 to 2 sorted out for that will take up my time and thoughts!). Will only be just over a week to wait when we get back!
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Now we are into 2016 the countdown is on...
We just have KES to sit and it will all be over....... I can't wait. :D
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Petitpois wrote:Yes two months. God I hope the scores don't move significantly, as much as I like Wolverhampton Girls High, I don't really want it.

I suppose I should not complain, there will be many many more in similarly borderline situations hoping and praying.

Good to know we find out at 4am
I believe if we log in the website we'll see it at midnight. Fingers crossed .
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Hi Blue Jay

Were sitting KES too. I am not too bothered, but it will give me a feel for how much parental push + tutoring means to this whole process. I have not mentioned a single thing since we got results and was a bit loathe to give them my 25 smackeroonis.

That said, I hope it will be a low risk way of showing her she has to work hard and organise herself at some point (I know I know...she is is only 10), but it will be interesting to see where she ends up.

Firsttime - thanks for the heads up re midnight at the oasis, I'll be staying up while the camels have gone to bed!!!! Just have to hope there are some positive runes in those sands dunes......

PP
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

nervousmom wrote:Counting down the days now!
we are off skiing in 6 weeks time for a week!
Brave soul predicting snow in 6 weeks time, anywhere.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Hoping they have a shed load soon, otherwise it'll be a walking holiday!!!

My 5 year old DS looks like he could be another 11+ contender.

He's been drawing a lot of castles over the new year, so on Saturday when he drew another building with an orange flag I assumed it was another castle, but I was wrong!

"No mommy, it's where Sikhs go to pray, it's called a Gurdwara"

Returning to topic!!

56 days and counting.
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

Hi I can't remember my login password for school admissions wolverhampton. Does anyone have any experience of this? can I reset from home at midnight when the site goes live in March? Also with it being a leap year does anyone know if the results have come out a day earlier in the past?
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Ha ha, now that is clutching at straws. 1 March is the same regardless of leap year although were being made to endure an additional made up day so the sky doesn't cave in.