706 Parrswood - Alty - Please complain if you use this bus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ManYou

706 Parrswood - Alty - Please complain if you use this bus

Post by ManYou »

Message from school:

Dear Parents/Carers,

The changes to the 706 bus service that commence in January have prompted a parent of an AGGS pupil to contact Travelmaster.
He has been told by Travelmaster that although they no longer wish to accept the System One Travelcard, if they receive enough complaints from parents about the changes, they will subsidise the service so that it will continue to be accepted. He has asked us to pass this message on to other parents.
Details of the various ways of contacting Travelmaster are attached - you will need to view your account.
Whilst we are passing on this message, once again we would like to remind parents that school is not responsible for any of the bus services for pupils/students attending AGGS. All queries should be directed to the bus company at
bookings@travel-master.co.uk.

I would email customer.relations@tfgm.com as well.

AGSB boys use this bus as well, so please help the cause.
wilmslowmum

Re: 706 Parrswood - Alty - Please complain if you use this b

Post by wilmslowmum »

Thank you manyou, i have sent an email complaining about the new charges, i hope we can be successful, nothing like parent power!
ManYou

Post by ManYou »

Long Live Wilmslow Mum :)
AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

wilmslowmum wrote:Thank you manyou, i have sent an email complaining about the new charges, i hope we can be successful, nothing like parent power!
Hi Wilmslowmum.

Just wondering if you'd got anywhere with the bus situation? We've been in touch with TFGM with no success. Also we just spoke to Selwyns/Haytons who used to run a bus home for the AGSB & AGGS until about a year ago and they won't be re-instating it. Public bus services aren't really a viable solution for us and haven't been able to speak to Travelmaster so far as they're shut, grrr...
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Hi AGSB oldboy, I emailed travelmaster but had no success at all, they agreed it was a substancial increase but they had no alternative. Looks as if we are stuck with the increase if we want to use the bus. It is annoying as St Ambrose and Loreto seem to have quite a few buses subsidised by GMT.
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

What is even more infuriating now we have to pay £18.00 per week is that it doesn't drop or pick up the boys outside school!! Perhaps we should request a better service due to the increase!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

It's very poor, we stopped getting the bus in Y9 as I was having to drop down to Parrs Wood from Stockport and the 370 public bus was much closer. I'd be very annoyed having to swallow this increase.
ManYou

Post by ManYou »

This was the reply I got:

Thank you for your recent email regarding the rise in fares and System One no longer being valid on the 706 TravelMaster bus service.

Since 2011, service 706 has been operated commercially by TravelMaster with no financial contribution from Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM). While we appreciate the impact the rise in fares will have on you and many others who use this service regularly, any decision in relation to the route, timetable, level of fares and the day-to-day operational running (including staffing and performance issues) ultimately rests with TravelMaster.

Unfortunately, due to this service being operated commercially, TfGM are not in a position to provide an alternative route with lower fares, as this would result in TfGM competing for passengers and revenue which we are not allowed to do.
I hope you find the above information useful and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me or our Customer Relations team at Customer.Relations@tfgm.com or by telephone on 0161 244 1000
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Good news re 706, travel master are discontinuing the route after Monday 11th Jan and TGFM are going to take over the route, therefore we will be able to use the IGO saver passes once again. Nothing like a bit of parent power with the help of Travelmaster!
ManYou

Post by ManYou »

That's what I heard.

Thank you Wilmslow Mum. :D :D :D :D :D :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now