Hampton Entrance exam

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sp12

Hampton Entrance exam

Post by sp12 »

Hi,
I am getting just the word "fine" from my son when asked about today's entrance exam.. He is not talking much..
Any feedback from your kid about the exam, please can you post ...
sp12

Re: Hampton Entrance exam

Post by sp12 »

Really worried as I saw a boy coming out crying out loud .. and my son said he was sitting next to him and crying loud in the room as well, and the examiner took him out for a while and brought back in .. was it that hard ?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

There is little point in asking him about it, it will just transmit your anxiety & it won't change the outcome. How other children found it will have no bearing on how your son did - some will find it easy, some hard & others in between. This will not tell you how your son scored. I know its easy to obsess about it, but you really have no way of knowing until you get the results. Good luck.
scary mum
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Get your extenuating excuses in now! Would be my advice and cover all bases.

play the game everyone else is at it 8)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Catseye wrote:Get your extenuating excuses in now! Would be my advice and cover all bases.

play the game everyone else is at it 8)
If the poor child was really wailing that loudly then the whole room will have 'extenuating circumstances' and they will cancel each other out, surely?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
4andcounting

Post by 4andcounting »

My DS was a bit Shakey after the exam. He said the maths was difficult, usually he does well in Maths. I guess we will know within the week if they are called for interview. Fingers are firmly crossed.
4andcounting

Post by 4andcounting »

Hampton is my son's first choice of school, although he found the paper quite tricky. Does anyone know if & when the interview letters might arrive?
J50

Post by J50 »

The maths is usually hard at Hampton - especially relative to others. I remember last year comments from others about it were 'could only do half', 'came out crying' etc. DS last year just about finished it (and it's his strongest subject) and it was the hardest one he did - compare that with Reeds where he could do the maths twice to check it.

Got the interview letter around 15 Jan last year, I think they send them out in batches by school so early letter by a couple of days is not necessarily any better/worse than late!
4andcounting

Post by 4andcounting »

Thanks J50, makes me feel a bit better.
Moormum

Post by Moormum »

Has anybody got a call?
My DS found Maths much easier than 2d round in Wilson's and SGS, but Words Reasoning was really hard for him. His friend and he didn't find answers for two questions.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now