Newbie after a little help please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
npilks

Newbie after a little help please

Post by npilks »

Hi All,

I am new to both this site and also to the 11+ process.
My first born has decided that she would like to sit the 11+ and I am happy to encourage and support her, however, I feel totally overwhelmed with it all.

We are looking to sit the Newstead and Bexley exams but other than having planned the studying, I am at a loss. What do I do next?
How do I book the exams?
Does she need to sit one for Newstead and a separate one for Bexley?
When do I know when to book? :?
Do you sit the exam before the general council school application?

Sorry for all of the questions. My Dd being the first of our family and my friends children to go for the exam, we have no-one around us who knows the answers....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Nicola
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newbie after a little help please

Post by PettswoodFiona »

You need to submit the (supplementary information form) SIF for Newstead in the summer. Keep an eye on their website. For Bexley you need to register for their test - around spring to Summer. All the details are on the selective tests area of the Bexley site. DD passed both this Autumn after much angst but did really well. I think they key was good vocab.

They are very different tests. For Bexley if you are not in top 180 are you in distance and therefore is it worth sitting? For Newstead the style of teaching is quite different and does it suit your DD? Are they an independent learner for example, what subjects do they want to study. All these are relavant questions for what is the right school (amongst others).
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

Where do you live?
If you are doing diy ...then use use cgp cem books for english, and nvr. Bond 10-11 for maths.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... ey-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... ey-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

more information if you follow the links.
npilks

Post by npilks »

Sorry for the delayed response and thank you so much for your replies!

I will most definitely keep an eye on the both the Bexley site and the Newstead site.
Do you know of any other sites/links that may help with my search?
My daughter is great at independent study and excels at most subjects. We are working on practice tests etc at home at the moment and shes doing fine, my worry is the pressure. She is quite an emotional child and I do not want her to feel like it is all too much for her.
She says that she wants to do this but I always worry.

We live in Orpington. :)
Perfect, thanks! I will check them out.
She is currently in an after school 11+ club so I'm hoping that by the time the test comes around, she will be fine.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now