Bexley Grammar English test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Elenajob

Bexley Grammar English test

Post by Elenajob »

Hello,
Whose child passed last year test to Bexley grammar could you advice me please?
Was the English comprehension test multiple choice as those in Elevenplus books or a child needs to write an answer following with quotes from the text like in Bond books?
It's just confusing me as our tutor only uses the compression tests with multiple choice questions.
Many thanks!
boardfleet

Re: Bexley Grammar English test

Post by boardfleet »

It's all multiple choice - they're CEM exams and follow that pattern.
Elenajob

Post by Elenajob »

Thank you for you reply!
The other paren, whose daughter passed the Bexley grammar test, told me that there were 25 questions to answer and write the answers in full. So, I'm confused:(
How do you that there will be multiple choice?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Elenajob wrote:Thank you for you reply!
The other paren, whose daughter passed the Bexley grammar test, told me that there were 25 questions to answer and write the answers in full. So, I'm confused:(
How do you that there will be multiple choice?
Did you have a look at a CEM familiarisation paper on e.g.the Chelmsford County High School for Girls website, as I suggested as a response on your other thread? When Bexley first went over to CEM, there was a familiarisation booklet and a short sample paper on the Bexley website and the format of the questions was almost exactly the same as the one on the CCHS site and several others.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Elenajob

Post by Elenajob »

Yes, I checked on Chelmsford County High School for Girls website but couldn't find any sample test papers neither on Bexley Council website.
Elenajob

Post by Elenajob »

Do you know where else I can see the sample test?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Elenajob wrote:Do you know where else I can see the sample test?
If you Google 'cchs entrance familiarisation booklet' or something like that, you should get a link to a pdf as a result.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Elenajob

Post by Elenajob »

ToadMum wrote:
Elenajob wrote:Do you know where else I can see the sample test?
If you Google 'cchs entrance familiarisation booklet' or something like that, you should get a link to a pdf as a result.
Thank you!
I found it:)))
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I asked DD who sat this September and came a few points below the top 180 and she says she can't remember. In all fairness she did do Kent and Newstead so they have probably blurred together. She did say 'why are they asking mummy - just get them to do the ones with the written answers then the multiple choice will seem easier'. :? Not exactly a helpful answer but she sat the tests so I thought I'd pass it on!
salsa

Post by salsa »

The Bexley familiarisation paper available last year was multiple choice. The one for the girls school shows examples where you have to fill in words and write up figures. Are we sure it was multiple choice last year? My son did it in 2013 and it was multiple choice.