Does anyone know who sells Bishop Vesey's sportswear

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Optimist

Does anyone know who sells Bishop Vesey's sportswear

Post by Optimist »

Hi dis has lost his BV rugger Jersey. need to buy a new one for Monday. I know that Squirrels, existing shop supplier in Sutton Coldfield has closed down. Does anyone know the name of the new supplier, pleased?
doodles

Re: Does anyone know who sells Bishop Vesey's sportswear

Post by doodles »

Have a look at the shops tab on the school website. Don't know your area but hopefully it will help.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I don't know if this helps but their website appears to sell the schools rugby gear.Its worth a telephone call.

http://www.maudesport.com/bvgs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I do hope you manage to get a replacement in time (DS2's school jumper has gone walkabout somewhere this week, fortunately theirs are a nice generic plain black and we have a good if rather motley supply of those hanging about the house anyway). I was going to say, don't you have a spare? - but then out of sheer idle curiosity I followed quasimodo's link and saw the prices :shock:. DS2's rugby shirts are the pair I originally bought for DS1 from the PA second hand stall for a fiver each, but I think that to put together our equivalent of the BV 'year 7 bundle' brand new would have cost me less than £50. Obviously things are not necessarily more expensive here in the south...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

You could try Gogna school wear. They have a shop in Handsworth, but I ordered all my DS sportswear for Five Ways on line and had it delivered.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Hi, my reply may be a bit late, but you can try Clive Mark Schoolwear. There is a shop in Wylde Green and they are also online.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

It's Maudesport in Aldridge. I've had appalling service from them - 5 months from ordering a rugby shirt to receiving it - but they are the sole supplier. Two tops, two pairs of shorts and a pair of socks was £93! The school have been tearing their hair out about them.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

muminbrum wrote:It's Maudesport in Aldridge. I've had appalling service from them - 5 months from ordering a rugby shirt to receiving it - but they are the sole supplier. Two tops, two pairs of shorts and a pair of socks was £93! The school have been tearing their hair out about them.
Then why on earth don't they appoint an alternative supplier and give that one the push, or at least authorise a second supplier?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

It's their first year as supplier. Hopefully their last!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

muminbrum wrote:It's their first year as supplier. Hopefully their last!
Were the previous suppliers dumped because they were too expensive?