Habs girls today, long session for just two exams?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Habs girls today, long session for just two exams?

Post by Daogroupie »

This is the first year without VR for Habs.

The session seems long for just English and Maths so perhaps they will have added another paper to the English.

Can't wait to find out difficulty level compared to NLCS last Wed and Consortium 2 last Friday and 1 this Friday. DG
Daogroupie

Re: Habs girls today, long session for just two exams?

Post by Daogroupie »

I assume the backup date is next Wednesday so no details until after that.

Students I know of enjoyed the day. I will be interested to hear how the numbers compared to NLCS. DG
baggies4ever

Post by baggies4ever »

My daughter was one of the Upper 5th helpers yesterday - apparently there were c. 500 sitting.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thank you. I heard it was 600 last year but perhaps not. No reason for it to go down this year. Any idea what percentage will be offered interview? DG
avidskier

Post by avidskier »

We did Habs and NLCS last week. DD found Habs much harder - especially the English - and English is a real strength of hers. She is currently a Habs girl coming up from the junior school. From what she says there were some new bits that weren't on any practice papers she had seen before (we had done Habs Boys and North London consortium papers). They were testing breadth of vocabulary (she was asked what word removed by moderator in case the test will be used at a later date meant for example!).
ams77

Post by ams77 »

Daogroupie wrote:Thank you. I heard it was 600 last year but perhaps not. No reason for it to go down this year. Any idea what percentage will be offered interview? DG
This year there were 30 groups, with approximately 20 girls in each group so your estimate of 600 is correct in my opinion.
baggies4ever

Post by baggies4ever »

ams77 wrote:
Daogroupie wrote:Thank you. I heard it was 600 last year but perhaps not. No reason for it to go down this year. Any idea what percentage will be offered interview? DG
This year there were 30 groups, with approximately 20 girls in each group so your estimate of 600 is correct in my opinion.
School has been very clear that they 'welcomed over 500 girls for the entrance exam'. Whatever the actual number, it didn't hit 600. Sorry, no idea on number recalled for interview (or indeed process). Wishing all DDs the best for interviews - it's a wonderfully 'buzzy' place, where participation in extra-curricular is encouraged as much as academic excellence. My DDs have thrived there.
Mumworried

Post by Mumworried »

My DD sat Habs too and she loved the experience that day (apart from the exam bit), especially the Brownies :D

She loved St Helen's exam day more as they did other things apart from the exam.

There were 30 groups of 20 children in each group, I sort of counted 2 as I was waiting for her to come out. So approx 600..
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now