Date of Emails for Offers Day 2016?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DGM

Date of Emails for Offers Day 2016?

Post by DGM »

Hello All,

Do you think the emails will be sent out during the night of Monday, 29th February if Offers Day is Tuesday,1st March?

Thanks in advance for info/thoughts :)
thirdtimemum

Re: Date of Emails for Offers Day 2016?

Post by thirdtimemum »

In sandwell it seems that the website is updated at midnight and the email comes about 4am. last year Telford got it sooner so people had an idea of points needed. I don't think Birmingham got any results until about 8.30am. It looks like it depends on who your local authority is
DGM

Post by DGM »

Thank you. I had seen the weekend mentioned, but perhaps that is just because the last couple of years it would have been the weekend. It just made me wonder if that meant they might be sent out on, say, the Sunday night before 1st March.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

I am expecting from LA at 00:10 on Tuesday 1 March or at latest 07:30
DGM

Post by DGM »

Another thank you! That settles it. Clearly, I had got muddled up with ideas of the weekend.

Wishing the very best to everyone who is waiting!
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Last year in the Telford area some parents got letters on the Saturday as they were posted on the Friday. I'm wondering if this year it will be the same or if they will risk posting them on the Monday??
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Last year in the Telford area some parents got letters on the Saturday as they were posted on the Friday. I'm wondering if this year it will be the same or if they will risk posting them on the Monday??
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

All councils are different.

When we were waiting on DS 3 to years ago, I know some people did receive emails very very early.

We are Warwickshire and we got ours at 8.20am. I'm not expecting this year's to be any earlier!
um

Post by um »

I know that Solihull emails are usually received earlier than Birmingham - they've been between 10pm and 1am previously.

Birmingham emails can take until late afternoon on 1 March to arrive. I understand they are sent in batches...Bham LA will have around 6 times more pupils to email than Solihull LA. But you can often log in online and see your child's allocation from there, from the morning.

A few years ago, my daughter's admissions page was not updated and I did not receive the email until the afternoon of 1 March, but because girls from Solihull with scores a little lower than hers had been offered CHG, we knew then for certain that was what she would get.
That's why sharing your info on here - especially if your child was a borderline score - can help a lot of other parents :D
pennwald

Post by pennwald »

Last year the process in Telford was a complete mess, not helped by the fact that 1 March was a Sunday. In several places in the admission docs they had said that emails would be issued on Friday 27 Feb, but nearer the time, they realised they couldn't do that (but didn't bother to tell anxiously waiting parents/pupils!).

Emails were issued in batches through the day on Monday 2 March (by which time it didn't matter as we already had the letters on Saturday 28 Feb). Hopefully they will be more organised this year with offers day being a working day.

The only sure way of knowing what will happen is to contact your council a week or two before offers day.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now