How was king edward high today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Petitpois

How was king edward high today

Post by Petitpois »

DD said she felt the same about it as Queen Mary. No where near as much time pressure at KE in september. It was good to see a wide range of kids going for it too!!
Astro16

Re: How was king edward high today

Post by Astro16 »

We didn't sit QM, was that hard? DD had a good day and mad some friends. She said it wasn't too bad?! Not sure what to think of that...
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Would not read anything into claims it was easy. Mine finished all questions and had 5 minutes on section to check, but we know she made mistakes, they are bound too. The question is who makes the most.

She said it was a friendly atmosphere and the lunch was nice too!
Astro16

Post by Astro16 »

[quote="Petitpois"]Would not read anything into claims it was easy. Mine finished all questions and had 5 minutes on section to check, but we know she made mistakes, they are bound too. The question is who makes the most.

She said it was a friendly atmosphere and the lunch was nice too

Mine finished all sections too. She enjoyed English the most and maths the least! Mine loved the pasta and the cookie! X
meldan103

Post by meldan103 »

DD said timing was not an issue (usually struggles) however she found it harder than the KE test she sat in September. She guessed quite a few. She enjoyed the meal they supplied. As a parent I found it very organised and found all staff/pupils very approachable and helpful. Test finished before time and located my DD very quickly with the directions supplied.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Mine had a melt down on the KE and just about got a result. She said she felt today's test it was more like the Queen Mary, except she felt she didn't need to guess as many. Listening to her talk through some of the Maths questions I am certain she got some wrong, but if she can put in a performance within 10% of the result she got at QM, that would be interesting, especially as we did virtually no prep, Since KE.

Only time will tell.

They are a very very sleek outfit, I must say and agree. Organised, polite, professional.

Shame we can't afford it ha ha!.

She said on the way out if she passed she could sell some of her barbies to help make up the fees. Whilst she does have a few of them, I doubt they will accept the part payment!!
meldan103

Post by meldan103 »

DD reckons if she were to go there all her new friends would have posh names according to the register called out today. Im not sure if she was disappointed in her own name when she came out lol. Funny what goes through children's minds
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

meldan103 wrote:DD reckons if she were to go there all her new friends would have posh names according to the register called out today. Im not sure if she was disappointed in her own name when she came out lol. Funny what goes through children's minds
There were plenty from all walks there, but it would be churlish to say its not an establishment based on the ability to pay.

There were kids from Worlds end Quinton, and quite a few lightwoods (those that don't mix with scrubs from the other parts of the woods....ha ha!!), as well as the usual suspects. I thought I had chucked £25 up the wall to take the test, but I have enjoyed the process, and it was far less stressful than the KE.
Astro16

Post by Astro16 »

My DD guessed a few of the maths questions. I'm wondering what other maths questions there will be tomorrow and that it'll be the creative writing test.

I agree about the organisation, staff, other girls etc such a lovely environment! Xx
tiredmama

Post by tiredmama »

How did your daughters find the second day? Was it tougher than the first?
"To show me is far better than to lecture everyday.
To lead me is far greater than to just point out the way.
So if you tell me everything then I shall understand,
But rapid streams of words cannot compete with deed of hand[...]"
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now