Bancroft - Any news?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

prospect

Bancroft - Any news?

Post by prospect »

Hi all

Just wondering if anybody has heard back from Bancroft school regarding interview?

Also, my DD sat Forest but failed to answer about 7 qns on Maths and found it much tougher than Bancroft maths, did anybody else's DS/DD have a similar experience?

Many thanks
Prospect
Joseph

Re: Bancroft - Any news?

Post by Joseph »

We haven't heard anything yet
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Nothing yet. DG
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Interviews have now come through. DG
OldBean

Post by OldBean »

My child has an interview on Saturday. Anyone know what the odds are at this stage?
Turtle07

Post by Turtle07 »

Hi OldBean ;) good luck to your child this Saturday... please let us know how it went?
Ours is next week...regarding the odds etc I quote from an email send by B. ''We receive many more applications than we have places and we interview only those who, after the papers have been marked, have a good chance of being offered a place in the School. Some candidates may be placed on a waiting list following the examination and interview and may be offered places if vacancies arise.'' so I guess this is 50/50 chance....
OldBean

Post by OldBean »

Thanks Turtle. Interview was fine and my child thought they answered quite a bit better than the other child they were paired with. They told me the Q&A and I was happy they'd done well. But we'll see...very few state school children there so mine stood out in their jumper. Lots of children with folders full of work, some with trophies(!) which they took in to interview- which was odd as they specifically told us not to bring anything.
Turtle07

Post by Turtle07 »

Great news OldBean ;) yes, the email didn't mention anything about display folders etc otherwise one might seem far too desperate for a place... what type of Qs were asked and how did each child take turns to answer their part? btw as far as I know they combine different types of children in terms of personality, confident with not so confident, sporty/academic etc so it isn't an easy task for some....
Settembrini

Post by Settembrini »

Hi Turtle, my son had an interview yesterday, he was interviewed by a physics teacher I believe, most questions were of an academic nature, but nothing we could have possibly prepared him for! I would just follow the instructions from their letter: make sure your child can tell something about their interests and achievements, and how they like to spend their time. My son said that the interviewer sometimes asked him a question, sometimes the other boy, sometimes he asked them the same question and they had to answer in turns. So both were given the opportunity to answer, and if one of them were more shy than the other, it would't have made much difference. Good luck to your child!
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

few children had their interviews last weekend (30th Jan).

Good Luck to those waiting for the ir interview calls.

With a new Headmaster joining in September after Mrs Ireland's retirement your child will be a new joiner together with the headmaster.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now