Mandarin at KES

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Yamin151

Mandarin at KES

Post by Yamin151 »

Anyone else's son in on teh Mandarin teacher interviews at KES yesterday? My boy came home counting in Mandarin - couple of good candidates by all accounts. And apparently the number 74 is very unlucky!

Do wish he had the chance to pick it for GCSE!
kenyancowgirl

Re: Mandarin at KES

Post by kenyancowgirl »

The majority of Y7 and Y8 took part in the practice lesson part of the day (I think there were 5 candidates, so 5 lessons). I am not sure who was chosen for the actual small pupil panel for Mandarin, DS1 was part of the small panel for the English teacher interviews the day before though and enjoyed it but found it very tiring concentrating for that long!

Mandarin will be an additional extra through enrichment for when your son gets to Y12. As we are fairly non-linguistic as a family, we are very pleased to have avoided compulsory Mandarin/Latin in Y7/8 as we battle with the intricacies of French/Latin and Spanish!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

DS clearly slept through these events, although he did grumble about PE being cancelled ...
(And we very much feel we've dodged a bullet with the compulsory yr 7 Mandarin)

JD
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

JamesDean wrote:DS clearly slept through these events, although he did grumble about PE being cancelled ...

JD
Funny that! DS2 was going to ask how you said "I would rather be doing PE"....!! :wink: :wink:
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

kenyancowgirl wrote:
JamesDean wrote:DS clearly slept through these events, although he did grumble about PE being cancelled ...

JD
Funny that! DS2 was going to ask how you said "I would rather be doing PE"....!! :wink: :wink:
Sounds like my youngest dd as she asks me for help in testing her on her German vocabulary and then when I correct her telling me she doesn't want 100% and it doesn't have to be perfect.She just wants to get it over with so she can relax.She would happily do PE all day long
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now