1 month to go.....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rugbylady13

1 month to go.....

Post by Rugbylady13 »

Only just over a month to go....

Those who have been through this before when do you expect to receive the email and then letter confirming the school place from Warwickshire? Also are we able to view the offer online on the 1st March?
ToadMum

Re: 1 month to go.....

Post by ToadMum »

This is from the Warwickshire secondary schools admissions pdf on the website:

29 FEBRUARY 2016
Offer letters posted to Warwickshire residents
01 MARCH 2016
Offer day, emails sent from 08:30am onwards
15 MARCH 2016
Closing date for accepting school place offered.
A reminder letter will be sent to Warwickshire parents
who have not accepted the place offered. Parents will
be given seven days to respond

It also says that if you applied online you can accept / decline the offer online. Can't see anything about looking up your offer online though.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

I seem to remember the email came mid-morning - never received the paper copy! I accepted online and then phoned to confirm; belts and braces me :)

JD
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

JD....and me...!! I also took screen shots of the offer and my acceptance, to eliminate all doubt, in case there was some sort of glitch as it returned!!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

I accepted for both my twins, then a month later I gave up the place one of my sons had. That was a very sticky moment, lots of screenshots to make sure I'd let go of the right place in the right grammar school for the right sone and retained the right place in the right grammar school for the other son. Was terrified I'd get it wrong, or they'd get it wrong. In the end I got them to e mail me to confirm.
Sillygoose

Post by Sillygoose »

We are in Worcestershire, a couple of years ago we got the email for DS just after midnight, I remember waking him to tell him the good news - he was too dopey to get very excited, just wanted to get back to sleep :roll:

I can't find any detailed information on the Worcestershire site but I am assuming its still the same...
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

I've just been to the website to see if I can remember my password (we're waiting for DD's non-selective place) but its shut. I'm sure this also happened with DS two years ago, but I can't remember when it re-opened and how close to offers day it was. Anyone have a better memory than me??

JD
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

Rugbylady13 wrote:Only just over a month to go....

Those who have been through this before when do you expect to receive the email and then letter confirming the school place from Warwickshire? Also are we able to view the offer online on the 1st March?
I seem to remember the letters came slightly earlier (like the day before) than expected and But maybe that is because I thought the post would take longer. I don't remember getting anything online for a place (but did accept the place on line).

Waiting for results for DS2 so working at home on 29th Feb and 1st March to wait for postie!!!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

3 years ago we received our Warwickshire email at 8.20am.

Although other councils sent them earlier than this, with one or 2 just after midnight.

I will be on the forum until after midnight on 29th feb, seeing in the 1st march, hoping to get a heads up on what scores are being offered where!

I did that 3 years ago, so had a good idea before the official email that DS had a place at his chosen school!
Sillygoose

Post by Sillygoose »

Will be up past midnight for the Worcestershire email, but have a bad gut feeling I may not be able to bring myself to even come on here after it arrives... :cry:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now