Help!Need an IGCSE Science tutor!

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rinol

Help!Need an IGCSE Science tutor!

Post by rinol »

Hi,

I'm looking for an IGCSE Science tutor...ideally someone who can teach all 3 Sciences even to A'level standard.We live in NW London,Harrow and can travel.

Thankyou

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' posts seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members (check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Note:
  • • Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
Tinkers

Re: Help!Need an IGCSE Science tutor!

Post by Tinkers »

I'd just add that I think you might struggle to find one tutor to do all three, certainly not to A level standard. You will probably find one that can cover two out of three.

If they say they can cover all three I'd be concerned about how well they can cover them tbh.

(My sister is a chemistry teacher, did both physics and biology at A level as well as chemistry herself. She teaches biology and chemistry to GCSE level, but would be very reluctant to teach physics to even to GCSE. )
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Silly question, but has your DC asked his / her subject teachers for help? Or are you home schooling?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
rinol

Post by rinol »

I have spoken to her subject teachers who are all helping her in their different ways.Just thought I'd supplement her teaching/revision.