Kent test dates 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PettswoodFiona

Kent test dates 2016

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Apologies if you've already seen it but the dates for the test are now out on the Selection test website: http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-ch ... /kent-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8 September 2016 for children who go to school in Kent
10 September 2016 for children who go to school outside of Kent

Good luck all sitting this year. Hope you don't experience the delays and pandemonium that happened on the day DD sat her test!
Crackerjax

Re: Kent test dates 2016

Post by Crackerjax »

Brilliant, kids only go back to school on 07 Sept.

oh well, best it get it over and done with. and must change my holiday as I had assumed it would be the following week
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

PettswoodFiona wrote:Apologies if you've already seen it but the dates for the test are now out on the Selection test website: http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-ch ... /kent-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8 September 2016 for children who go to school in Kent
10 September 2016 for children who go to school outside of Kent

Good luck all sitting this year. Hope you don't experience the delays and pandemonium that happened on the day DD sat her test!
Oh dear - one in the eye for the tourists (unless their DC currently attend school in Kent) :shock: . The main exam date for all the areas using the 'mass' CEM 11+ is Saturday 10th - and 'sitting another exam fifty miles away' certainly won't be accepted as a reason for the child to be allowed to sit the exam on the reserve date. Cue a business opportunity for religious leaders and private GPs of lax moral principles, perhaps? (I would like to say, it's okay, I really am joking there, but unfortunately there probably will be some who can't understand what's wrong with asking a medical practitioner to provide a certificate in such circumstances).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
salsa

Post by salsa »

Thank you for posting the dates. It's all so real now. About CEM, it's no use for Kent as they are GL. So, hopefully not invading CEM areas for free mocks?

Where is this CEM you mention, ToadMum?
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

Dates are not released for Bexley yet so not sure if there will be a clash for those OOC. What happens if there is? We border both Councils.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Many Kent children take the Bexley test, so I doubt there will be a clash. It's normally around 20th September.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

If OOC for Kent then you will sit test on a Saturday and the Bexley tests are usually held over two days during the week. Last year they were a week apart. Kent was earliest, then Bexley, then Newstead. The wait for the Kent results was the longest as the results go to the schools first.
EssexLady

Post by EssexLady »

This means it clashes with the CEM tests which are likely to happen mostly on Sat 10th Sept 2016 (at least CCHS and a few others).

1. What would be the alternative in such a case as I was hoping my dd to appear in exams for kent and CCHS both?
2. I know for sure that there are not many schools accepting children from outside catchment area. Does anyone have a handy list of schools which offer places even from outside catchment? I am mainly interested in schools for dd or coed.

Thanks.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

salsa wrote:Thank you for posting the dates. It's all so real now. About CEM, it's no use for Kent as they are GL. So, hopefully not invading CEM areas for free mocks?

Where is this CEM you mention, ToadMum?
Chelmsford County High School / Latymer (Enfield) / Woodford County High School and Ilford County High School (London Borough of Redbridge) / Gloucestershire / etc (etc)... All use the same exam on the same day. As Kent has some superselective schools and some folk apparently have no preference for where they move to within a 50+ mile radius on the strength of whichever 11+ their child does best in, or which school they perceive the have the most kudos, I predict that there will soon be complaints on the forum as to the unfairness of it all :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

EssexLady wrote:This means it clashes with the CEM tests which are likely to happen mostly on Sat 10th Sept 2016 (at least CCHS and a few others).

1. What would be the alternative in such a case as I was hoping my dd to appear in exams for kent and CCHS both?
2. I know for sure that there are not many schools accepting children from outside catchment area. Does anyone have a handy list of schools which offer places even from outside catchment? I am mainly interested in schools for dd or coed.

Thanks.
You might be lucky and find that Kent will accept that you don't know whether you will be needing to live in Essex or Kent when your DD starts year7 as a reason for her to sit the Kent test on their reserve date. I am pretty sure that CCHS actually state on their website that wanting to take an exam elsewhere will not be accepted by them, though.