DCHS admission number

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
gowest

DCHS admission number

Post by gowest »

Does anybody know what IS the admission size of DCHS this year? We have contradictory information.

1) On their site we can see
http://www.challonershigh.com/page/defa ... Home&pid=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"180 Year 7s for 2016/17
For the second year running Challoner's has opened up its Year 7 admission to six classes (180 students) rather than the usual five (150 students) for September 2016, following the successful expansion of the Year 7 intake this September. The additional girls won't compromise our high academic standards and excellent facilities and teaching but will instead lead to some exciting developments in the school.
The school has been over-subscribed for many years but the additional class this September meant that all students who put the school as their first choice, and who passed the 11+ transfer test and lived in the school’s catchment, were able to get a place. We were also able to provide a number of places for those just outside catchment as well. The increased numbers have meant girls living within approximately nine miles of the school secured a place versus a previous distance of around 6.5 miles.
The school welcomes visits from interested parents and their daughters by arrangement.

2) but it says 150 places here:
http://www.challonershigh.com/_files/C5 ... 1936B9.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And the same number was on this thread http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=45728" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Confusion...
Sally-Anne

Re: Confusion regarding adm. to Dr Challoner's HS & Chesham

Post by Sally-Anne »

Yes, I noticed the discrepancy when I posted the preference numbers.

It appears that this is an ad hoc increase to their admission number, year-by-year, and it has not yet been set in stone. Their Admissions Policy for 2017, which has only recently been confirmed, also shows a PAN of 150.

It may perhaps reflect what they know of the demographics of the area - certainly last year's increase was attributed to the need to accommodate a demographic "bulge".

ETA: I have split this out from the rather old topic of DCGS & CGS allocation distances. I think it is worthy of a topic in its own right ahead of 1st March.
gowest

Re: DCHS admission number

Post by gowest »

Thank you once again, Sally-Anne!
vikingdad

Post by vikingdad »

Hello, I just spoke to the main office of DCHS and they have confirmed that the 2016 Y7 intake will be 180 children.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The data Sally-Anne posted came from the LA - do they know there are 180 places this year?!
gowest

Post by gowest »

I am wondering the same. Well, it`s getting curiouser and curiouser...
DCHS is our first choice however we are outside catchment area :( So it would be nice to know the TRUE figure (PAN).
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Guest55 wrote:The data Sally-Anne posted came from the LA - do they know there are 180 places this year?!
They do, but this isn't a formal increase to PAN.

The PAN remains 150, but the actual admission number for this year is a repeat of the "exception to PAN" from last year.

Only once/if the PAN is formalised as 180 will it be reflected in BCC's figures.
ManfromMissenden

Post by ManfromMissenden »

Hi all

DCHS has announced a new revised PAN of 180. So 180 girls for 2017 entry and beyond.