Emanuel School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hope4chance

Emanuel School

Post by Hope4chance »

Hi dears,
Just wondering if anyone heard from Emanuel School in Battersea ..any offers, waiting list ?
Or if anyone has any information about this school's selection criteria for the student?
Best Wishes
doodles

Re: Emanuel School

Post by doodles »

There is a very detailed admissions section on the website with some dates and %.

Good luck.
Hope4chance

Post by Hope4chance »

Hi doodles,
Thanks a lot for the reply.
Yes I know there are full details about this school admissions policy in their website, but I wanted to know any real recent experience about this school. There is old things written about this school.
Regards
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Well, given that the website says offers published / posted Thursday 11th, unless someone has a mole in the school office, no-one is likely to hear until the end of the week. And I'm not sure how much people will want to admit that they have applied to a school which by its own admission is not as academically selective as many? Even if lots of people actually do apply for a place - they only allow the first 600 applicants to sit the entrance test and applications for 2017 11+ entry are already closed, it would seem.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

What a bizarre way to run selection at eleven plus. First come first served? That is fine for sales at shops and tickets for concerts and plays but why would you do it for a selective exam? Why not just have an early closing date or an early online first round and only take top ten percent through? DG
Amber

Post by Amber »

Daogroupie wrote:What a bizarre way to run selection at eleven plus. First come first served? That is fine for sales at shops and tickets for concerts and plays but why would you do it for a selective exam? Why not just have an early closing date or an early online first round and only take top ten percent through? DG
Well it seems they aren't 'selective' in that sense. Looks like a breath of fresh air to me in what sounds like a totally overheated system down there. I don't think they only want the top ten per cent - let all the mega-competitive ones do that.
Good luck Hope4 - sounds quite a nice little place. :D
Emanuel prides itself on doing things a little bit differently from many of the other top schools in London. For example, we have chosen a pass mark for our entrance exams for siblings of children already in the school and for those offered scholarships in art, music, sport and drama which is lower than many other schools of our type. This is because we want to help parents as much as we can to send all their children to the same school and to attract pupils to Emanuel with particular talent in those co-curricular subjects – areas in which this school excels. This policy is not borne out of need: we receive far more applications than we have places and Emanuel is an academically selective school. However, we wish to encourage applicants with strengths in other areas, not just those with academic strengths.
Hope4chance

Post by Hope4chance »

Dears all,
Thanks again for your replies and comments ..
I have only one child and I know it is ridiculous all about this hassle of the preprations , ,exams, results , waiting .. And on the top of that, a piece of a letter which either includes your big dream for your child or polite excuse of rejection that makes you feel the grief of disappointment at everything in your life! It is like a bleeding silently with a deep heartbreak pain!

Amber ... thanks a lot for your wishes .. My son and I do really love this school and I find my child in it.. He is not an academic, but he is able to bring the smile for everyone :) , however, I doubt the possibility for picking him since no one cares for this while offering a place .. It would be a miracle!
Waiting for the next 2 days ..
Bless all
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now