NLCS results

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

grammar2012

NLCS results

Post by grammar2012 »

Does anyone know when we should be getting the NLCS results? We were told early in the week before the half term so it should have been with us by now.

thanks
nyr

Re: NLCS results

Post by nyr »

I think they said 11th. Not sure if that's by email or snail mail. FWIW, they were late sending out the test results.

My presence on the forum tells me that I'm getting a touch twitchy.
goinggreyfast

Post by goinggreyfast »

They said this:

"We will post all offers of places on Thursday 11 February 2016..."

But I think they went early with offers last year, so I am twitchy also. Also every communication I have had with them to date has been by email so I find it odd if they will not be emailing (to the point I don't believe it so am checking my email every five seconds)...
shootmenow

Post by shootmenow »

You will get the results this Friday. We had an email at around 9 am and an envelope of acceptance bumpf on the same day in the post. You will have until just after National Offer Day to accept but do phone the office at NLCS and let them know if you are interested but waiting for HB et al. They will hold the place. NLCS never over offers by very much so do make your decisions quickly to be considerate to girls on the reserve list.
Good luck!
goinggreyfast

Post by goinggreyfast »

That's really helpful, shootmenow, thank you
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Good luck to all those dds and parents waiting. I am sure we will hear some happy news on this thread tomorrow. I knew of four last year who all got an offer and two of them took it up and one turned it down for Habs and one turned it down for HBS.

This year I also know of four, two who will take it and two who are waiting for HBS. I hope everyone on this forum waiting gets an offer. Threads about NLCS have been very quiet this year which seems to indicate there are not many forum members waiting. DG
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

I think most indie results arrive on the Friday before half term if I remember rightly. Good luck to everyone waiting.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes, I am expecting the Consortium and Habs to arrive Friday morning. DG
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

NLCS told us at the time of interview that they will send 100 offers for the 60 places they have. They called about 200 candidates for interviews.

All the best to everyone, and hope the postman/woman arrives early tomorrow.

I will probably take the day off to wait. :D
nyr

Post by nyr »

The emails are coming through and ours is a positive outcome.

Good luck to all the girls and parents waiting anxiously.

nyr
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now